The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Let's start the PMA rumors

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Okay another show coming March 3rd for PMA which usually is announcement time for a lot of OEM's. Canon and Nikon always come in with something along with a host of others and some OEM's wait for Photokinia every 2 years . But PMA is a annual one aimed at the dealers and distributors so always a good showing on announcements. I have ben invited by leica to come and get a VIP presentation of the S2 and trying to figure out how to get there and such but anyway what are we thinking about. Who is going to announce what. It's always fun to see what folks think is coming. Well here is the thread for it. Have fun:thumbs:

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Maybe we'll see the Olympus u4/3 products. Will the G1 with video be there?

New 1D's for Canon? A new 35L?

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Xerox introduces a groundbreaking new camera based on their revolutionary "Digilog" approach to image making. It's designed to appeal to both the old school analog photographers and the avant gard digital poodles.

All camera controls are electronic and fully automatic. A scanning system first captures an image, stores it as a RAW file to a CF card then makes a teeeny tiny print of it. The analog system takes over at that point and exposes a frame of 120 roll film directly from the print. Manual film advance, 10mm - 270mm lens standard.

fotografz

Don't know about Sony's announcement habits regarding shows ... but a few AF Zeiss primes wouldn't kill 'em. A Zeiss 28/2-G would be nice, but an ASPH replacement for the aging Minolta AF 35/1.4 would rock.

The rumored Nikon AFS 135/1.8 with nano-nano coating would be much appreciated. Not holding my breath on that.

Hassey may intro their 60 meg back.

Dreamin'?

The world would be turned upside down by a 54X54 MF Dalsa sensor.

Leica M7-II with the new 1/4000th shutter.

woodyspedden

Don't know about Sony's announcement habits regarding shows ... but a few AF Zeiss primes wouldn't kill 'em. A Zeiss 28/2-G would be nice, but an ASPH replacement for the aging Minolta AF 35/1.4 would rock.

The rumored Nikon AFS 135/1.8 with nano-nano coating would be much appreciated. Not holding my breath on that.

Dreamin'?

An M7 with the 1/4000 upgraded shutter would really be welcome and I suspect would boost sales. 1/1000 is traditional but has always been a tad slow for some outdoor work.

I would also like to see what Olympus has to show in the micro four thirds arena. I would suspect they would have both OIS and HD video. Or perhaps have OIS initially and then move on to a very capable video machine.

Woody

Erik Five

But wouldnt that mean that they have to use metal shutter and whats making Leica´s quiet is the cloth shutter? I doubt they could make a metal shutter as quiet as the M7 is now...

Dreamin'?

ecliffordsmith

Hi All,

Well, I would really like to see the results of the small Olympus micro 4/3 camera along with a fast, small 40/50 ish EFOV lens. A DP2 would be good to see too.

O

Oxide Blu

But wouldnt that mean that they have to use metal shutter and whats making Leica´s quiet is the cloth shutter? I doubt they could make a metal shutter as quiet as the M7 is now...

No excuse. This is the age of synthetics, polymers, carbon fiber cloth, injection molding of all kinds of man-made materials that don't exist in spell check.

fotografz

Ever see the noise comparions of the new M8-II verses the M8? The 1/4000th shutter is pretty quite. Much rather be able to shoot some Lux lenses wide open in brighter conditions.

D

DougDolde

Maybe we'll get lucky and Zeiss will resurrect the Contax 645 as a Contax 645 Mark II.

R

Ranger 9

It's always fun to see what folks think is coming. Well here is the thread for it. Have fun:thumbs:
The classic trinity of great Nikkor lenses from the rangefinder SP/S3 era: 35mm f/1.8, 50mm f/1.4, and 105mm f/2.5.

Lenses recently introduced in Nikon's G series: 35mm f/1.8 DX and 50mm f/1.4 FX. So can a 105/2.5 G be far behind?

...well, yes, actually, but it's fun to wish!

atanabe

NIKON:
85 1.4 G Nano coated SWM
80-400 4.5-5.6 G SWM
D700x with video
D300x with video

Leica:
18 mm f3.4 for M
Prototype of R10 to show
*****I wish they would have their own micro 4/3 camera with a dedicated 6 bit connection to the camera for M lenses ****

Canon:
Another new camera with a new button/feature that will do a "function" now making the older version "undesirable". Sorry but getting tired of incremental changes that have little impact on the final result.

Phase/Hasselblad/Sinar:
New lower prices - financing plans for their products

Fuji:
New FF DSLR based on the D700 with their proprietary sensor

Olympus:
working model of the micro 4/3 shown at Photokina

Fun to dream, it does not deplete my pocket book at least!

Ben Rubinstein

This has been an incredibly quiet and boring run up to PMA, I forget, was it like this after last Photokina?

I'm waiting to see the truly pocketable Oly m4/3 camera. Can't wait.

N

nautilus

Probably the camera makers will make less announcements of products that are ready to launch than they did the years before. I think they cut costs and investment budgets for new products across their whole portfolios.

What I would like to see despite of this situation are a few lenses from Sony. A 4/300 CZ or G and a 1,4/24 CZ.

woodyspedden

My upgraded M8 is markedly quieter than the original (which I still have so i have an 1/8000 option!). It is not quite as quiet as the cloth shutter in my M3 but still very quiet. I could live with it on my M7 to gain the other advantages. The only other way I know of to get quieter is to have a mechanical wind on instead of the electronic one. That could make a very significant difference.

Woody

fotografz

My upgraded M8 is markedly quieter than the original (which I still have so i have an 1/8000 option!). It is not quite as quiet as the cloth shutter in my M3 but still very quiet. I could live with it on my M7 to gain the other advantages. The only other way I know of to get quieter is to have a mechanical wind on instead of the electronic one. That could make a very significant difference.

Woody
If they put a motor advance into a new M7 I wouldn't buy one. What I miss is the tactile feel of winding a M .... nothing else like it ... that quick flick of the thumb and the camera's mechanically reassuring feel ... sigh.

Heck, I didn't even like the advance lever on the MP I used to have.