The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How common is this ploy?

John Grow

Hello,
I came across one of your works which is a Wedding picture which my client have chosen to use for thier advertisement.I represent an Agency in United Kingdom and one of your works have been selected for a Billboard Advertisment here in London.This Wedding Picture will be running on a Billboard as an Advert for one of our Clients.This would be for a Duration of 6months.
Due to the Companies laws/Agreements we do not take other peoples work for reproduction or use without permission so i have decided to contact you before we can make use of your work for this Billboard Advert.

Our Agency DIGIFIX Inc london, All we do is get pictures/resources for organizations for Adverts and you will get payed for this, No commision , No overhead costs , You just get payed for your pictures .

Email your us with your ..................
1.Rates for a Billbaord Advert for a Duration of 6months .
2.Your Website / Gallery if you have one.
to [email protected] , with more details on how we can reach you.
Your Earliest Response on This would be highly Appreciated.

Thank you.
Chris

--
Mr Chris Delphino
Financier DigiFix Inc UK
25 Newman St
London W1T 1PN
[email protected]
+447045748688 or +2348023296148

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
If it's the one I got, it's a scam to try and get you to "subscribe" to their service, for a fee of course. Proceed with caution.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I've seen several examples of similar letters that were being sent to Wedding Pros. I say similar, not exactly the same. In the other examples, the offer was to hire the pro to do a wedding, often including paid travel to exotic locations at the end of which, they would photograph an enormous wedding in lavish surroundings.

Your letter might in fact be very real. But it is similar in that it contains odd syntax in the writing and poor grammar/spelling. It also includes an advertisement for their services.