The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help..iOS

rayyan

I am about to give up on iOS. For a long time I am having the following problem:

I copy a photo link from a hosting site.

I choose the image icon on getdpi to paste that link.

I crash out of getdpi, Safari and back to the desktop screen

This happens with all sites.

On iPad and iPhone and iPod. Not on iMac, MacBooks.

I have tried almost everything, from complete reset/restores to knocking the devices on the table.

Happened with 8.3 and now 8.4

Any help to save my sanity shall be gratefully acknowledged.

p.s I really do not want to go the Android route. But will do, if this is not solved.

Godfrey

I am about to give up on iOS. For a long time I am having the following problem:

I copy a photo link from a hosting site.

I choose the image icon on getdpi to paste that link.

I crash out of getdpi, Safari and back to the desktop screen

This happens with all sites.

On iPad and iPhone and iPod. Not on iMac, MacBooks.

I have tried almost everything, from complete reset/restores to knocking the devices on the table.

Happened with 8.3 and now 8.4

Any help to save my sanity shall be gratefully acknowledged.

p.s I really do not want to go the Android route. But will do, if this is not solved.
On iPad mini ... Went to my photostream on Flickr, tapped my last image post, tapped the download icon. Tap and hold until a menu pop up appeared, used copy. Then to GetDPI, started this response, tap image insert icon, paste link into URL field:

Voila! iOS 8.4 btw.

rayyan

Thank you Jorgensen and Geoffery.

No going back to Nokia, for me. I have a collection of them.

Geoffrey, the issue, for me, arises when I tap the insert image icon on getdpi.
I have read through tens of pages of folks reporting similar issues. Some have been resolved with simple resets. I have tried all suggestions. But to no avail.

Of course disabling JavaScript on the iPad works, but the whole benefit of the Internet is lost. I could use BB codes, but why?

The issues started with iOS 8.3 for me and continue to this day.

I was hoping someone would have found a solution, since Apple is unable/unwilling to do so.

Thank you both.

p.s. Interestingly the problem does not occur with, for example, the LUF forum.

Inserted with BB CODE. BOSTON, middle spring.

Godfrey

Geoffrey, the issue, for me, arises when I tap the insert image icon on getdpi.
I have read through tens of pages of folks reporting similar issues. Some have been resolved with simple resets. I have tried all suggestions. But to no avail.

Of course disabling JavaScript on the iPad works, but the whole benefit of the Internet is lost. I could use BB codes, but why?

The issues started with iOS 8.3 for me and continue to this day.

I was hoping someone would have found a solution, since Apple is unable/unwilling to do so.

Um, my name is Godfrey, not Geoffrey.

Your problem description gives no information for me to work with.
I don't have JavaScript disabled, I just tap the button and everything works as I expect.

Actually, I'd use the BBCode insert from Flickr if Flickr hadn't screwed it up so badly. I don't think there's anything Apple can do about a site that's so poorly written. But as long as I can get a good URL to an image in the paste buffer, everything works.

G

I can actually get to the full BBSCode string on Flickr if I use an accessory keyboard:

Rakes by Godfrey DiGiorgi, on Flickr

But that's really a pain for something that once upon a time used to just work.

I haven't found an issue using GetDPI's features, although I'm sure I haven't tried all of the various settings.

Last edited:

rayyan

OOPS!!!

Apologies Godfrey...
That is all I can tell about the issue. Thanks for trying to help me out.

Take care.

Um, my name is Godfrey, not Geoffrey.

Your problem description gives no information for me to work with.
I don't have JavaScript disabled, I just tap the button and everything works as I expect.

Actually, I'd use the BBCode insert from Flickr if Flickr hadn't screwed it up so badly. I don't think there's anything Apple can do about a site that's so poorly written. But as long as I can get a good URL to an image in the paste buffer, everything works.

G

I can actually get to the full BBSCode string on Flickr if I use an accessory keyboard:

Rakes by Godfrey DiGiorgi, on Flickr

But that's really a pain for something that once upon a time used to just work.

I haven't found an issue using GetDPI's features, although I'm sure I haven't tried all of the various settings.