The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

In a world of compromise

Tim

Seems that cameras still remain a compromise of options.
Here's 3 technological advancements, pick any two. :facesmack:

k-hawinkler

For your enjoyment. :)

Why the Sony a7R II Can’t Shoot 10-Bit or Full HD Slow Motion Video | Resource Magazine

(Before folks think this applies only to video, they better pay attention to the overall state of the camera).

Thanks Vivek. That's an interesting read. http://resourcemagonline.com/2015/0...cant-shoot-10-bit-or-slow-motion-video/57624/
It sure explains a lot about Sony's camera limitations. I am looking forward to the A7SII. One thing I won't do anymore is buying a camera without IBIS.
I guess I have been spoiled by my OM-D E-M5 cameras in that regard.

Tim

Thanks Vivek. That's an interesting read. http://resourcemagonline.com/2015/0...cant-shoot-10-bit-or-slow-motion-video/57624/
It sure explains a lot about Sony's camera limitations. I am looking forward to the A7SII. One thing I won't do anymore is buying a camera without IBIS.
I guess I have been spoiled by my OM-D E-M5 cameras in that regard.
Oh man, don't say no cameras without IBIS I got into grief and told off over that.
I like it for stills but can live without it, pretty much essential for me for any video unless its tripod bound.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Sold my A7s as the colors were so difficult to control in Slog.....

Now have a Canon C100 Mk II and it is tripod bound ... never bought into the Blair Witch thing....

None of the Sony cameras will be long term working cameras ... which of course is their motif ... new cam a year.

Flash in the pan ... and while their technologic advances are stellar they do not have the depth or maturity to
offer a camera in this range that will be remembered as the Rolliflex, Nikon F3, Hasselblad 500, or Mamiya 7.

When the corporate profit is the defining element compromise is the overwhelming drive.

Which is why Sony will never meet nor exceed the Arri cameras at the high end ... they barely match the Samsung NX1 at the low end.

This coming from one who has owned and loved the NX5 NX5n NX7 A850 A900 Rx1 Rx1r A7r A7s

Sell a ton churn a bunch keep the landfills full ... oh every pro photographer needs a Playstation and a Sony Playmemories account.

Where is that Barf bag ...

Amazon.com: medical vomit bags

Bob

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Sold my A7s as the colors were so difficult to control in Slog.....

Now have a Canon C100 Mk II and it is tripod bound ... never bought into the Blair Witch thing....

None of the Sony cameras will be long term working cameras ... which of course is their motif ... new cam a year.

Flash in the pan ... and while their technologic advances are stellar they do not have the depth or maturity to
offer a camera in this range that will be remembered as the Rolliflex, Nikon F3, Hasselblad 500, or Mamiya 7.

When the corporate profit is the defining element compromise is the overwhelming drive.

Which is why Sony will never meet nor exceed the Arri cameras at the high end ... they barely match the Samsung NX1 at the low end.

This coming from one who has owned and loved the NX5 NX5n NX7 A850 A900 Rx1 Rx1r A7r A7s

Sell a ton churn a bunch keep the landfills full ... oh every pro photographer needs a Playstation and a Sony Playmemories account.

Where is that Barf bag ...

Amazon.com: medical vomit bags

Bob
Watch your back, infidel. I can hear Sony's pitbulls barking from over the hill :ROTFL:

V

Vivek

Bob
They sound like Samsung cams. :ROTFL:

A new APS-C cam is coming from Sony that would obliterate the Samsung NX1 (but will never leave you satisfied until the next best thing that Sony would offer). :LOL:

(I am in it solely for the E mount that can take anything that I want to throw at it)

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
They sound like Samsung cams. :ROTFL:

A new APS-C cam is coming from Sony that would obliterate the Samsung NX1 (but will never leave you satisfied until the next best thing that Sony would offer). :LOL:

(I am in it solely for the E mount that can take anything that I want to throw at it)
NEX 5,5n,7 ? Still confused by the naming with 6 new cameras a year from these guys.

Bob