The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

"To every thing there is a season..."

4season

Rollei 35SE vs S ... I had almost all the Rollei 35s and was never that happy with the ones with LEDs in the viewfinder. The original design with top mounted match needle meter worked better for me.
Yes I thought that maybe the quirky controls would make more sense if I were operating them while holding the camera at arm's length, only actually bringing it up to my eye in order to compose the shot. But I was not seeing much in the way of bargains for the original Tessar-equipped models, let alone the "S". But I think it's the left-handed film lever that I notice the most.

Fun playing with all these old mechanical marvels. I'm carrying my Polaroid SX-70 (the MiNT rework "SLR670a" model) this week for snaps... now that was a camera design very advanced for its day. As long as Impossible Project can stay afloat and make film for them, I'm going to enjoy them.
I always liked the looks of the original chrome-and-tan model and actually scored a new-in-box unit back in the 1980s or 90s but must have sold or given the thing away. Who knew they'd be revived?

Godfrey

I always liked the looks of the original chrome-and-tan model and actually scored a new-in-box unit back in the 1980s or 90s but must have sold or given the thing away. Who knew they'd be revived?
Polaroid cameras and film generate a lot of passion, a tribute to their creator. :)

Ran across a film about the last year of Polaroid film yesterday that I'm going to watch tonight:
http://www.timezeromovie.com
It's available on Netflix and from Apple via iTunes.

I'm so happy that The Impossible Project has taken on the challenge of resurrecting what was almost lost forever. It may not last, but I'm enjoying the heck out of their efforts while I can.

G