The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

For all you Bruce Gilden haters

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Thanks for sharing those videos. Magnum seems to be a never ending source of interesting photojournalism. I had seen the foreclosures stuff before ...depressing...my parents home just north of Ft Myers ....its value dropped by 50% in one year and we were happy to sell it .

Roger

O

Oxide Blu

Gotta love the way he holds the strobe in one hand, the camera in the other. :thumbup:

Is that an old Vivitar 285??? If there is one thing I miss it is those cheap and robust Vivitar strobes for event candids. I used to make my own battery packs from $12 rechargeable 6v gel-cell batteries, Velcro it to the top of the 285 and shoot all night long.

mwalker

Subscriber Member
I have not been a fan of his "in your face" street style but in that venue he shined and his photographs have always been dynamite!

cam

i've adored him always and now love him even more!

i've always envied his style as he has such a sense of fun and whimsy. his images are grand! i wish i'd been born a foot taller and male. he's a ****ing hoot!

(and now you know what inspired me to play around earlier, Jono)

N

nei1

This man is gods bully,talk about assault and battery,he weighs up the person ,goes in,,,,,,blam!!!!and hes taken everything,not just a piece of your soul but the whole damn thing,brilliant ,genius.................genius.

Rick Waldroup

Great stuff. I have not always been a big fan of his work, but I do admire his style. It is very unique.

Plus, when you mix Gilden with a bunch of crazy *** Texans, the result is pure magic. :toocool::toocool:

Last edited: