The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture Integration in Carmel 2016 - 7th Annual Not a Workshop Workshop

kdphotography

It's back! Can you believe----it's the 7th Annual Capture Integration in Carmel Workshop! It's Pigs Back in the Pen! February 18-21, 2016.

Last year we traveled on location to Lake Tahoe and had a great time. This year's event returns to Carmel, and starts in San Francisco with a Thursday evening tour of Alcatraz and slowly moves down the coast through the weekend. The focus is on medium format digital photography, lots of photo opportunities, camaraderie, the latest cameras, lenses, and digital backs to try, Capture One Pro 9 class, world-class BBQ, and more! _DSC1320.jpg_DSC1188.jpg_DSC1267.jpg_DSC1395.jpg

We do try to keep costs nominal and space is limited. Not your normal workshop. A sense of humor is required. :D

Register at Capture Integration. A more detailed itinerary will be provided later.

https://captureintegration.com/ken-dons-anti-workshop-2016/

Ken and Don

Jeffrey

Having attended several of these gatherings, I can say the attendees are some of the brightest people around who answer my never-ending dumb questions and have helped me to grow in capturing better images. Everyone is friendly and accomplished. Of course there are a few dysfunctional types in the group that keep things lively. I'm looking forward to attending the next gathering of the group.

jlm

Workshop Member
will say, Tahoe was a blast, and Carmel...
hmm, i may be the dis-functional one as well, he,he

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
You guys pick the worst dates. I was planning a workshop the same time frame. Maybe I'll stretch it out a little.

kdphotography

We would love to have you out in Carmel, Guy! We could take that portrait of both us with our giants. :ROTFL: Jack won't admit it, but he was actually one of the first CI in Carmel Pigs alums. He just loves pigs in a blanket! :D

ken

jlm

Workshop Member
keep an eye out for this miscreant, not one of my better days, selfie in Nepal from 1992, with a -blush- film nikon (it did have auto focus!

Lars

Sign up is being run through Capture Integration so you need to be on their list. Hope you can make it.

Don
Yeah it says "Out of stock" and there is nothing about any waiting list. I sent a message to digitalback.com, we'll see if there is anyone at the other end of that line. Not sure if that leads to CI though.
-Lars

Don Libby

Yeah it says "Out of stock" and there is nothing about any waiting list. I sent a message to digitalback.com, we'll see if there is anyone at the other end of that line. Not sure if that leads to CI though.
-Lars
Digitalback.com is the storefront for CI so your message will reach them. You might also want to write Dave G an email to cover all bases. Sorry I can't be of any more help however currently sitting at the So Rim waiting for snow....

jlm

Workshop Member
i saw the "out of stock", attributed it to internet bs multitasking obfuscation, went old school and called CI atlanta, and signed up this afternoon

Lars

I got a reply from Rob Baker - the event is indeed sold out, Rob put me on a waiting list for cancellations.
-Lars

kdphotography

Glad you made it in, Lars!

Fresh batch of glaze just made for the babyback ribs-----turned out great.

And I just got word from KPS/Legio Aerium will be offering CI in Carmel attendees a discount on the KPS T5 geared ballhead!

2016-02-04 18.45.20-1.jpg

ken

jlm

Workshop Member
for kicks, i'll be bringing my tweaked cube and a 7" Elvid Rigvision monitor ($500) for hdmi connection, maybe a sony AR7rII with a techart autofocus contax G adapter and 90mm G lens

Jeffrey

Interesting Ken on the geared ball head. I'm anxious to give it a test drive during the pigs shoots.

I'll be bringing my partially bald head that is not geared. At least that is what my friends tell me!