The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Darth Vader - the Photographer's curse.....

Hulyss Bowman

Speaking about that, I just seen STAR WARS VII.

This is a shame. All Lucas legacy is gone, just a stupid, empty, soulless film. I'm not a die hard fan of star wars but I can easily imagine die hard fans crying after such a pile of crap. Since when mediocrity became the rule ?? It is lame, it is a shame. I have no other words.

Star wars isn't a book, at first. It is a visual essay so it should be "easy" today to best what was already done at all level : Scenario, casting, FX ... but no ! They managed to kill every of this only for money and toys.

Finally I give a load of credits to Peter Jackson. The Lord of the Ring / The Hobbit are BOOKS. A bit more difficult to stage it because you can't trick the fans (and what a fan boy club !!). Jackson did a super work.

J.J. Abrams did a very good work with Star Trek, seriously good and entertaining films. WTF happened with Star Wars ?? YOU CAN'T MESS A STAR WARS !! Every thing but that. You can't. I think J.J. Abrams career is now over (at least for me).

And Disney can go burn in hell.

Godfrey

Like the YouTube videos.
Enjoyed the new Star Wars movie.

And a "Happy WhateverYourFavoriteHolidayIs and Happy New Year" to all!

G

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Rants are fine, sometimes some things have to be said by somebody :thumbup:

Funny thing is that I have never watched one single Star Wars movie in my entire life, so once again I'm completely incompetent in judging what it's all about :rolleyes:

Godfrey

Rants are fine, sometimes some things have to be said by somebody :thumbup:

Funny thing is that I have never watched one single Star Wars movie in my entire life, so once again I'm completely incompetent in judging what it's all about :rolleyes:
I've seen them all. Frankly, after the first one in 1977 and maybe the second a couple of years later, they all became a bit maudlin and cartoonish. But I enjoy them anyway, and don't take them seriously. :)

G

iiiNelson

I actually loved the new movie and the darker undertones of the movie. It feels somewhat like a maturation of themes at the end of Episode 3. I'm a big Star Wars fan personally and I'm glad Abrams went a different direction from playing it "safe" by making just another "Lucas Space Opera."

D&A

Vivek, is that you at the consession stand counter in Darth Vader costume? :)

Dave (D&A)

V

Vivek

Yoda likes to photograph and does not do selfies, Dave. ;) :D

Last edited: