The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What do Sony, Samsung, Canon and Panasonic in common?

V

Vivek

I was pretending that was not the case but sony themselves directed me to this. I was forced to look with both my eyes wide open.

Tim

In the Netherlands (Belgium and Luxembourg) that is.

This one: Canon / Sony / Samsung Reparatie Centrum - Tech Repair B.V. te Bergen Op Zoom. Sony / Samsung camera's en Canon EOS, spiegelreflex camera reparaties. Canon printer reparaties. CPS

Where they farm out all their repairs.

Part of my current exploration to choose camera brand(s) that would be in use in the near future.
Not sure I understand, So are you looking for brands that have their own worldwide repair support rather than this sub-contractor type setup?
If yes to above, then brand wise you have left to check out -

Leica - goes to Solms
Olympus
Ricoh / Pentax
Fujifilm
Nikon
Sigma

I suspect some brands you not likely to use? Phase, Hasselblad?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The problem with this is that customer satisfaction becomes secondary. I have mentioned Fujifilm Thailand before as the shining star of after sales service, but they do obviously have the advantage of moderate salary costs compared to western countries. Even Nikon in this country re-built my D80 a few years ago for less than $200. What is unfortunately the sad truth is that many of the cheaper cameras aren't designed with repair in mind. The Canon S110 of a friend of mine that had the lens bent was returned from Canon with the message that there are no spare parts available, and that was a rather expensive compact.