The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

RIP Michael

Don Libby

It's been reported that on May 18th Michael Reichmann, founder of Luminous Landscape succumbed in his battle against cancer.

Don

drevil

Staff member
Sad indeed,

rest in peace and all the strength needed to family and friends

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
He was indeed a great asset to our passion of photography, and moreover perhaps the Majordomo of "classy" online photo forums. He will be missed.

RIP Michael, and blessings to your family.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Although I was aware of Michael's illness this still an awful shock. I was privileged to travel and shoot on many trips with Michael from Big Bend to Iceland, from Namibia to Bosque del Apache, from Newfoundland to Antarctica. These are all some of my finest memories. He was a great teacher and travel companion.

I first met him at Vistek in Toronto where one of the staff introduced him to me as the man "who has just started a photographic website - called Luminous Landscape". Little did we know it was destined to become the most visited website in the industry.

Sadly I had lunch with him a little while back and he paid, on the basis that it would be my turn next. I wish that were still possible.

To his other friends and family, my most sincere condolences.

Bill

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Sad news, MR has left us

Michael Reichmann seems to have been around since the beginning of time, or at least since since the beginning of The Internet. His advice and opinions were always interesting, always inspiring and never boring. His website is one of the few that I've had the pleasure of following from the earliest days of interest of digital photography. Rest in Peace, Mr. Reicmann. Your legacy lives on.

https://luminous-landscape.com/sad-day-luminous-landscape/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziIisIuzwe0

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Don, I am going to move this thread to the Sunset Bar and leave a permanent redirect so MF folks see it.

Jorgen, I merged your thread with this one.

f6cvalkyrie

I spent many hours watching his tutorials and tests ... time very well spent !
You will be missed, Mr Reichmann !

Strength to his family, friends and the team at LuLa !

Rafael

Quentin_Bargate

I met Michael at his studio in Toronto in 2009 and we had lunch together, after which he gave me a copy of his latest book, which was a very nice touch. Before that we both had Flextight scanners and had exchanged views on them and an Epson 2000 printer. He was generous with his time and a great guy all round. He is someone who touched so many people. It is a very, very sad day.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
One of the pioneers on doing gear reviews that many folks followed over the years. He will be sadly missed and certainly left us too soon. Rest in Peace

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
It is a very sad day. RIP Michael. I've been following Luminous Landscape for over a decade, and I will miss you. My condolences to your family and your friends at LuLa.

Seeing the news on Luminous Landscape really made me very sad. Michael has been a part of my photographic life, because I got so many benefits from his tutorials, reviews and articles that I miss him even though I never met him personally. RIP Michael

darr

Condolences to his family and all who loved him; he will be deeply missed. I became aware of the L-L website and Michael when I searched for Pentax 6x7 info a long time ago. Michael was the only photographic community on the web at that time, and he introduced a few photographic writers and professionals (Michael Johnston and Ctein to name a few) that I have followed with a passion through the years. Even though I never found the personality of the L-L forum a good fit, I always subscribed to his offerings and visited the For Sale section when looking for gear. This is truly a great loss for the photographic community. It was Michael's insights and direction that made L-L the knowledge base it has been. RIP Michael and may peace be with your family and loved ones.

modator

I am very sorry for the disappearance of Michael, I read many of his articles and replies on forums.
Condolence to his family.
R.I.P Michael.