The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

John Milich has passed away

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Some very sad news to hear that our dear workshop member and great GetDPI member of our family has passed away in his sleep. He had no illnesses or pain to speak of and he went peacefully. His son Luke informed us through Graham Welland of his passing. Our thoughts and prays are with his family. John was one of the good guys been on several workshops and was always making us some very useful tools and accessories for our cameras over the years. He will be sorely be missed by our admins and moderators. For our GetDPI family this is a very sad moment. Please keep him in your thoughts and rest in peace John.
We love you.

Last edited by a moderator:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
A loss to us all.

John made the best small tools, many that no one else marketed. I've a bunch.

He will be missed.

Rest in peace and prayers for your family John.

Bob

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. John was a wonderful member and contributed so much to our community over the years. I own and use many of his handy tools.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
It has been such a pleasure and a privilege to know, shoot, travel and spend personal time with John over the years. It was a shock to hear of his sudden passing but a comfort to know that it was unexpected and peaceful. John had the heart of a lion.

Anyone spending time with him would come away enriched with his knowledge, experiences and cheer from someone who had the ability to literally do anything he put his mind to.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Still processing this one for myself as it's just so hard to understand. John was in great shape, ate well and took care of himself. He was a great guy, always positive and encouraging, easy to get along with and a lot of fun to be around. I always enjoyed having him on our workshops. I will miss him. The biggest of heart-felt condolences to his wife and family...

RIP John!

Folks, we're losing too many good ones... :(

darr

So very, very sad.

I never met John in person, but we exchanged messages and he made a few customized items for me. He was always a gentleman and a true craftsman. He will be missed by many. Peace be with his family and loved ones.

Darr

PSon

It is with great sadness to learn that John has passed away. It has been an honor and privilege to know him through the years in various communities and especially here at GetDPI. There is simply no words to describe all the wonderful attributes of John. If I could only use one word to describe John, it would be his heart. His heart was even larger than his love for view camera. When I think of John, I remember a quote from long ago, "If they ever tell my story let them say I walked with giants, men rise and fall like the Winter wheat but these names will never die... Let them say I lived in the time of Hector, tamer of horses...let them say I lived in the time of Achilles..." May you rest in peace my elder brother and your family and the communities continue to celebrate your life. I salute you from the last picture of mine that you like.

Jamgolf

I never met John in person yet I feel deeply saddened. Rest in peace John.
This place wont be the same without you.

Lucille

We must cherish each and every day we get to experience this wonderful thing called life, because tomorrow isn't promised.

RIP John.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
We must cherish each and every day we get to experience this wonderful thing called life, because tomorrow isn't promised.

RIP John.
:thumbs:

Life isn't a dress rehearsal. Embrass it fully. There are a lot of indespensible and irreplaceable people in the cemetery. It is the natural nature of things but very very sad when its current.

My recommendation - embrass life and live it to the full as nothing is guaranteed. I have 3+ friend who retired and planned for their future and fate intervened to cut that journey short. You just never know. Live for today for you, plan for tomorrow for your loved ones.

Godfrey

Godspeed, John. Rest in peace.

G

"Only in silence the word,
only in dark the light,
only in dying, life;
bright the hawk's flight
on the empty sky."

scho

Shocked at this sudden loss and very sad. I will miss John and his contributions to the GetDPI fora.