The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Take a walk.

Godfrey

I need a diversion. Haven't used my ancient Hektor 135/4.5 in a long time. What better camera to put it on than the M-D? Set ISO to 800, aperture to f/8-f/11, and go for a walk to see what it can see.

I'll report back later.

G

Godfrey

Lovely walk.

The M-D + Hektor 135mm work very well. Amazing to see how sharp and beautiful the photos out of this 57 year old lens can be. I'll post a few tomorrow, too tired to see clearly now. :)

The M-D is my favorite digital Leica M. No question. There's something about it that is "just right" for me.

G

Tim

Lovely walk.

The M-D + Hektor 135mm work very well. Amazing to see how sharp and beautiful the photos out of this 57 year old lens can be. I'll post a few tomorrow, too tired to see clearly now. :)

The M-D is my favorite digital Leica M. No question. There's something about it that is "just right" for me.

G
Was it named the M-D because only Medical Doctors could afford it? Only teasing. Clearly this is not the case.

Its a dam good idea to limit a photo walk to one lens, takes a tad of image making courage to choose a fairly long tele, but great choice. I miss my old Zuiko 135 f3.5, I dropped it many years ago... sniff.
I'm with Pegelli on the pics. :watch:

pegelli

Thanks Godfrey, interesting images of "extracts" of the environment. The long lens allowed you to concentrate on some essential lines and shapes :thumbup:

Rendering/processing is also very fitting for such an old lens.

You probably motivated me to bring out my 1956 Elmar 90/4 and take that for a similar spin (but not not on a digital Leica unfortunately)

Godfrey

Thanks Godfrey, interesting images of "extracts" of the environment. The long lens allowed you to concentrate on some essential lines and shapes :thumbup:

Rendering/processing is also very fitting for such an old lens.

You probably motivated me to bring out my 1956 Elmar 90/4 and take that for a similar spin (but not not on a digital Leica unfortunately)
I'm glad you enjoyed them!

The Hektor produces some lovely color as well. I didn't want to mix the set, I might post a few rendered in color later on.

Focusing a 135mm lens with a rangefinder is tricky, particularly as light levels drop. I think the next time I go out with it, I'll fit the 1.25x magnifier on the eyepiece.

G