The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

For Those in California...

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Gosh,
Taxachusetts seems so much cheaper now.
5.5% Income, but sales and "use" tax on out of state purchases of 5%.
Corporate minimum tax even if you have no money!
CLIMATE is wonderful, with crisp clear winters and lovely snow, beautiful spring and fall scenery. No damp chilly San Francisco summers LOL.
Land prices are better too, although not a low as Texas, but about 1/8 Silicon valley on land, but houses are just about the same per square foot.
-bob

iiiNelson

The thing I have to learn about California is a "large" California house is an average sized Texas house for almost twice the money before the housing market crash. I'm still stuck in my Texas way of thinking about the value of money and thus am often dissatisfied by the cost of living here for what often amounts to utter crap in my mind sometimes. Maybe I will hit the lottery and still be able to claim my Texas residence as I still have that as my home of record for tax purposes.

I second that the weather is GREAT. I dread going back to feel Houston's humidity in May...

jlm

Workshop Member
in NYC a 500sq ft studio apartment can rent for $2,000, easy, in a low amenities bldg (no-doorman). it can sell for $3-400k. a similar priced caiifornia home in the suburbs might have one of several rooms that size. after a while in NY, you begin to wonder what people do with all that extra room.