The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

If you buy your partner a Leica you shouldn't be surprised . . .

jonoslack

if they get you a horse

I think his expression says it all. He's called Carlos, and he's a Paso Fino:

Paso Fino Horses

There are pictures of me on him, but my riding skills are currently zero, so I wouldn't like to give anyone the right impression :ROTFL:

So, what sort of camera do you take with you on a horse?

jonoslack

Is that Beauty Emma's Horse ?

I suppose YOU tried to give her that M7 for the Horse....:eek:
HI Helen
no - that's the gentleman himself (Carlos)
He's 8, and they are looking for a good home for him, as they are cutting down on their herd, and he doesn't do the Paso Fino walk well enough for showing (and being a gelding he ain't much good for breeding!).

Where we are getting him from (if you're interested)

However, he's lovely and calm and (so I'm told) just the thing for an old fool like me to go trail riding on.

We shall see!

And Emma uses a c-lux. . . .

jonoslack

Not sure about horses, but herself used a GRD2 on a camel -- pre-dawn in the Moroccan desert

Great to hear from you - I hope all is well, are you in Ireland or Switzerland right now?

Hmmm - what a splendid shot . . . not sure we'll be getting as far as the Moroccan desert, but that does look like fun (were you there too?).

I have a rather underused d-lux4, which has a nice belt loop and would seem to be the thing.

Robert Campbell

Switzerland now, Ireland next week. Gerti was in Morocco to play golf -- she went with another mad friend; golf ain't my thing.

jonoslack

Switzerland now, Ireland next week. Gerti was in Morocco to play golf -- she went with another mad friend; golf ain't my thing.
Golf, Wow - that looks like some hole . . . and you have to ride a camel between shots?

It's all going green here - I guess Ireland will be pretty next week.

Enjoy!

Diane B

if they get you a horse

I think his expression says it all. He's called Carlos, and he's a Paso Fino:

Paso Fino Horses

There are pictures of me on him, but my riding skills are currently zero, so I wouldn't like to give anyone the right impression :ROTFL:

So, what sort of camera do you take with you on a horse?
I missed this. Paso Finos are very popular in this area. We have a number of Columbians that immigrated here and brought their horses and many others have chosen that breed--several breeding farms quite close and our first next door neighbor bred and raised them--so it was lovely as I walked our back pasture to lean across the fence and rub their stallion's (and sometimes they moved mares and foals into that pasture)nose. Unfortunately for us, fortunate for them, they moved to a several hundred acre farm not too far and have a beautiful barn and pastures. Our second neighbors had only 4 and our present owners just like to mow patures LOL.

Lovely small horses--we sometimes go to a Paso Fino fun show at the breeding farm just to watch them--some classes are in Columbian costume. I always buy a lottery ticket for a young horse each year---its for charity and I love horses, even if I don't really ride).

I didn't figure you for a horseman---Emma yes. (I'm not much of a horsewoman either LOL--owned one named Walking Mountain for several years).

Now--I'd like to see both pictures of you on the horse--and some FROM the horse.

Diane

jonoslack

And -- I forgot to mention -- Scarborough [England] :eek: the week after.
erm . . . why?

. . . I know . . . .

It's So Bracing

Trouble is, memory is a terrible thing, I did a bit of googling:

Scarborough, Skegness - what's the difference.

But why are you going there?

jonoslack

Introductions went well

Carlos appeared today, and is settling in nicely:

I'm told that tomorrow I have to get on him again.
:eek:

Robert Campbell

...Scarborough...

But why are you going there?
An 'overseas' meeting of the Ulster Surgical Club; more of a [social] get together than anything scientific; and Gerti goes for the golf.

Otherwise, what's in Scarborough...?

PS Have fun on the horse tomorrow...what camera are you taking?