The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Novoflex revolutionizes camera support

Ben Rubinstein

The prices are equal or above Gitzo. That's without G-Lock (I assume) and those cheap looking feet. On the other hand having 4 legs means you need far less technology to reduce vibration, you don't need a super 'spider', the fourth leg makes up for much of the tripod stability compromises. Their adverts show pictures of someone standing on the spider and a woman dangling in a hammock slung from the tripod. There is no doubt that having an extra leg works. That they can charge Gitzo prices - not so sure.

jlm

Workshop Member
the obvious advantage of a tripod is that all legs will always be firmly on the ground. With 4 legs, the legs have to be exactly adjusted for length or it is a tripod anyway

stephengilbert

"The obvious advantage of a tripod is that all legs will always be firmly on the ground." I wonder if they'll be making milking stools with four legs next, or perhaps monopods with two?

jlm

Workshop Member
you remember the old joke of the carpenter trying to cut legs to get the chair to not rock until it got too short to use?

;)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
It has to be a joke...

Unless consumers really have dumbed down that much -- like needing 5 blades in their razor cause it's better than 2, or 3, or 4...

On second thought, I bet consumers have dumbed down that much -- at least here in the US...

Ben Rubinstein

It has to be a joke...

Unless consumers really have dumbed down that much -- like needing 5 blades in their razor cause it's better than 2, or 3, or 4...

On second thought, I bet consumers have dumbed down that much -- at least here in the US...
Um, I use a Norelco... :ROTFL:

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
The reason 3 is better than 4 is that 3 points will always define a plane while 4 will not.

Lars

Here's a little quote from Novoflex' webpage.

"After long and careful study of a problem, our solution is often so astounding that our customers can only remark: ‘That’s typical NOVOFLEX!’"

Who am I to disagree? :ROTFL: