The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How many cameras do we buy?

N

nei1

Ive bought a nice minox a111s which is proving a little small and a minolta image pro polaroid camera which occasionally makes magic.And cheating a little, a sort of camera that has let me put a step into this fascinating digital world, a minolta dimage 5400 mk1 film scanner that will never be sold......Neil.

fotografz

I may be the worst ever ... including Jack and Guy combined ... but maybe not quite up to Peter A or Son :ROTFL:

Embarrassing actually :eek:

But this past two years has been the most change plagued period in my photographic history ... both personally and professionally.

Plus, I'm a film and digital shooter.

Lars

I may be the worst ever ... including Jack and Guy combined ... but maybe not quite up to Peter A or Son :ROTFL:

Embarrassing actually :eek:

But this past two years has been the most change plagued period in my photographic history ... both personally and professionally.

Plus, I'm a film and digital shooter.
Another Fifth then... That's of course your right.

Perhaps you could list the cameras you didn't buy? If that's a shorter list? :ROTFL:

Actually a real consideration in this thread could be of the Tax Man listening in (for those of you who actually have something to hide). Yep Tax Day here today.

fotografz

Another Fifth then... That's of course your right.

Perhaps you could list the cameras you didn't buy? If that's a shorter list? :ROTFL:

Actually a real consideration in this thread could be of the Tax Man listening in (for those of you who actually have something to hide). Yep Tax Day here today.
Or being moved to the top of the "Burglar's Newsletter" pick of the week list. :eek:

But my vault is pretty secure, and I file my Chihuahua's teeth often. :ROTFL:

Don't let those doe eyes and mild manner fool ya ... she's ferocious when it comes to protecting the fridge ... er, I mean ... gear vault.

Ben Rubinstein

Um, zero.

Sold a Gandolfi 4X5 and an MPP 4x5 if that counts.

Even lenses are pretty low on sales. Bought a 100mm f2 and a 24-105L to replace my 24-70L.

O

Oxide Blu

Um, zero.

Sold a Gandolfi 4X5 and an MPP 4x5 if that counts.

I'm sorry, Ben, but if you are going to play fair you need to own up to a -2.

Yes, a minus 2. In its own strange kind of way I think that means you are winning.
:ROTFL:

D

ddk

In the last 2 years;

Bought & Kept:
4 x Fuji S5 Pro
Kodak SLR/n
Kodak SLR/c
Ricoh GRD2
(Since 12/08, Guy & Jack are to blame for the rest!)
4 x Contax 645, including a brand new kit
Fuji 680GXIII
Arca Swiss 6x9
2 x Kodak Proback 645C
Leaf Aptus 22
Leaf Aptus 54S
Leaf Aptus 75S
Leaf Aptus II-10 (waiting for delivery)

Bought but sold:
Nikon D300
Nikon D3
Sigma DP-1

Last edited:

woodyspedden

Bought and kept D3
Bought and kept Hasselblad H3DII-39
bought and sold Nikon D700
Traded a Hassy 203FE for a Leica M7
Upgraded one of my two year old M8's ....will do the other one soon
Bought and (immediately) sold the Panasonic G1

Still own

Mamiya 7II system (all lenses)
Nikon F5
Nikon F100
Hasselblad 503CW

Most of my money for photography over the last year or two was spent on lenses for the M system and the Hassy V system. Also bought several of the Hassy HC lenses for the H3DII.

Although I rarely use the Nikon film gear any longer (The M7 and the M lenses do a superior job except for macro and telephoto work) there is no point to selling it as it sells for cheap no matter the condition. My daughter has just taken up Photography as a hobby and shooting film is a fun learning experience for her. So the F100 is now starting to get some real use again.

I yearn to do more film shooting but to do so at the quality levels I expect I need to buy an Imacon 949 scanner and until I am sure I am re-committing to serious film work I can't justify that kind of expenditure. I still use my Nikon 9000 scanner which is a very good piece of equipment but not to the level of the 949. So we'll see how this all plays out over the next year or two.

I am very excited about the D3X file quality and may very well get one. With the investment I have in Nikon lenses and Zeiss ZF lenses for the Nikon the D3X would be a good investment for me (especially now that the prices are beginning to fall). I also want to re-buy the Leica 180 2.0 and do the Leitax mount for it.

Stay tuned for the ultimate gear whore. Me and Guy and Jack..........one of us always seem to have something new and exciting.

Woody