Site Sponsors

Capture Integration Digital Transitions Camera West empty Guy Mancuso Photography

Thread: Polaroid art has price but no place

Deceased, but remembered fondly here... johnastovall's Avatar
    Dublin, Texas, U.S.A.
    Post Thanks / Like

Polaroid art has price but no place

Stuck in limbo, for now, is Polaroid's collection of photos taken by some of the biggest names in 20th-century art.
    Late one night last November, Doug Kelley sat in his family room in Bloomington, sifting through a stack of the day's legal work. Kelley is the court-appointed receiver in the Tom Petters case, a surrogate CEO running what's left of the jailed businessman's companies and squeezing out cash for the investors Petters allegedly bilked of $3.5 billion.
    In the stack of legal papers was a bid for the assets of Polaroid, which Petters had bought four years earlier for $426 million and moved to Minnetonka. A small line item in the bid caught his eye: The Polaroid Art collection. $10 million.
    "I said, 'Well, what's this?'" Kelley recalled in an intervie...

Full story and images.

"The market wants a Leica to be a Leica: the inheritor of tradition, the subject of lore, and indisputably a mark of status to own."
    Mike Johnston

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polaroid art has price but no place

I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz