The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

something to make us all happy

N

nei1

Much to my disgust outside the uk the bbc restricts one to radio which I love...... but would be nice to be in bed with auntie again.

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Ah two of my favorite old guys...I still smell burning leaves when someone fires up "Low Spark of High Heeled Boys" or any Traffic tune.:)

jonoslack

Much to my disgust outside the uk the bbc restricts one to radio which I love...... but would be nice to be in bed with auntie again.
I'm sorry to have tantalised you Neil . . I suspected as much (and to be fair to the BBC I'm sure there are real copyright issues), but I think the concert is going to be on DVD in a week or so, so it should be available.

They did most of the good Blind Faith songs:
Can't find my way home
In the presence of the Lord
Had to cry today (I think)

then they did
Little Wing
Voodoo Chile

finishing with Mr Fantasy. . . but it was all so joyful, and it looked like they were really having fun.

We've seen Steve Winwood a couple of times over the last few years, and if you get the chance, he's quite clearly on the ball, and HAVING a ball; fit and fidgety.

jonoslack

Ah two of my favorite old guys...I still smell burning leaves when someone fires up "Low Spark of High Heeled Boys" or any Traffic tune.:)
Mike
I've no idea if it's available anywhere, but we saw a wonderful interview with Steve Winwood in some north london pub. at the end he sat down at the piano and spent 20 minutes on the Low Spark . . It was years ago, but I'll never forget it.

O

Oxide Blu

I'm glad you enjoyed the show. They are playing in the SF bay area I think this month, or next. Was wondering about the quality of the gig. I just missed seeing Eric Clapton in Osaka this past Feb. Tickets in Japan sold out in 30-mins or so.

Fwiw, the Grateful Dead will also be playing the SF bay area soon.