The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A nice evening...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Well, I had to head up to my cabin and do some basic "post-winter" maintenance in preparation for our upcoming use. Of course it is currently clear and sunny, about 78 degrees with a light breeze, so I did actually work up a sweat.

And here is my reward. Now before any of you posit, "Is he actually going to eat that entire steak and consume that bottle of wine all by himself?" The answer is a hearty, "Of course not, I am going to drink the martini first!"

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
PS: I am opening the wine now to let it breathe well, then starting up the BBQ...

Stay tuned for updates :D

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
PPS: The steak is seasoned with my simple Bourbon Spice rub and the wine is a local bottle. It is basically an "old vine" Grenache that in the end is very similar to a Sangiovese, fruity and spicy. Should pair well with that hefty Porterhouse, which I will grill it to steakhouse medium rare over a fire of predominantly mesquite, but with a bit of pecan added for sweetness -- I know my southern friends will appreciate that touch ;)

No sides other than the wine, but desert is fresh local berries dressed with Grand Marnier and creme fresh.
And just for Bob, it will be followed by a single malt or perhaps a snifter of cognac.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
tease....
I learned from you!

Will you need a wake up call in the morning from your beef and wine coma.
No doubt. My plan is to actually do some photography tomorrow morning for sunrise, but given the meal in front of me, look for a small sunset portfolio from me tomorrow ;)

==> Okay, the wine just opened and my first sip proves it to be even better than I hoped.

stephengilbert

"Is he actually going to eat that entire steak and consume that bottle of wine all by himself?" wasn't my question. My question was, "Is he going to cook that thing before he eats it?"

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Fire's almost ready. Wine is very good ;)

(BTW, these images are being taken with my trusty GRD2!)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
And cooked to perfection...

Bob and Chris -- yes, IMHO it's even better than Alexander's! (For non-locals, this is a local, high-end favorite steakhouse, comparable and possibly a notch above Morton's...)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
It's official, I am (almost as big) a pig (as Guy).

However, I am not a lush. Wine bottle is at 50% and re-corked for tomorrow night :D

Terry

Next up an invite to your workshop on food photography?

Edit....
No response from Jack :sleep006::sleep006::sleep006::sleep006::sleep006:

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Next up an invite to your workshop on food photography?

Edit....
No response from Jack :sleep006::sleep006::sleep006::sleep006::sleep006:
LOLOL! Watching a movie.

Workshop on food photography with a mini P&S after half a bottle of wine and a martini ----- right. How about an exclusive workshop for like 3 participants; Jack's personal tour of Yosemite Natl Park, meals and lodging included?

what's for breakfast?
Coffee and a doughnut. :ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yea i and I got crap food in the Grand Canyon and than had to drive home for 3.5 hours eating Cheeto's . Life is just not fair. Bed, Espresso and than shoot in the morning. Catch up later. That maybe the first 2 days without a computer since I owned them. Man did I feel lost even with just a Iphone