The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Should the Buy/Sell Section be Free?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I think the best contribution members can make to support this site is to continue making the fabulous, informative, civil, educational, courteous, and thoughtful posts in the friendly tone that has set this site apart from so many others and distinguished it as simply the best. If time and resources allow it, then sign up for a workshop - this will most probably benefit the site as well as expanding your knowledge and experience.
Now that should be the new site mantra.

dseelig

Guy stabilize? On equipment ? Jack stabilize ? On equipment? never gonna happen not in this fast changing world. LOL I sold my contax system to get a LIeca M8 Now I have both. Waiting for the day I can get a digital back for it. I hear what Guy says I wish I never had to shoot another photo for money again but I do not teach and my personal work will never make me money. Understand this Bruce Davidson and many of the personal photojournalists made there money doing commercial work. I hope this site continues a free buy and sell or for those that have at least 50 postings on other parts of the forums. David

ChrisDauer

Workshop Member
[...]We do have thoughts of banners and such to help feed the forum and this forum is also the home of the workshops that Jack and I produce. Honestly we both want more folks taking advantage of these amazing teaching workshops. [...]
But please don't ever feel obligated to do so this is a free site and having great members is actually more important to us and the less moderation of great members we have than it is great for us as well.
+3 on the workshops! (I'd normally say +1, but the fact is I've been to three of them and they are worth it!)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks Chris . The B&S will stay free but if you feel the need. There is the tip jar. Better yet I have two spots open for the June 17 workshop. Come and learn something and get a few laughs to boots.