The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Images from California State Parks

JimCollum

Wasn't sure where to put this, since it's open to any format.

If you have images from any of the parks being closed, please post here, with location. One park per post please.

Although this may just be an emotional tactic from the Gov't, there's still a chance that the parks may close.

I've attached the list of parks that are potentially at risk

jim

List of Parks

Last edited:

Lisa

Jim, the list in the link you have in your original post appears to have many fewer parks than the list on the state web site you've linked to in your other post on CA state parks. Has the list of proposed closures been changed, or what's going on?

Anyway, my two humble contributions:
Point Lobos State Reserve

Humboldt Redwoods State Park

If these places close, residents and tourists will lose something of great value. One can only hope that maintenance will be continued on the closed parks (have you heard anything about that?) or the loss could be permanent.

Lisa

JimCollum

Jim, the list in the link you have in your original post appears to have many fewer parks than the list on the state web site you've linked to in your other post on CA state parks. Has the list of proposed closures been changed, or what's going on?

If these places close, residents and tourists will lose something of great value. One can only hope that maintenance will be continued on the closed parks (have you heard anything about that?) or the loss could be permanent.

Lisa
i was originally going to paste the list inline, so i condensed the list side-by-side. The county and representative's name were removed. If closed, maintenance will cease (all the workers will be laid off). Restrooms locked, if there are gates, they'll be locked.

woodyspedden

Not too much doubt about which State Park this is from. Yosemite is so iconic.

Hope you enjoy the image

Taken with the M8 and 75 Lux.

Woody

woodyspedden

Uh, Woody, I'm afraid that Yosemite is National park, not a State park...

Lisa
O.K. Lisa

Of course you are right about the National vs State Park thing. I withdraw my image and will go sulk in my room for three days as punishment!

Woody

But by the way, State or National Park aside did you enjoy the image?

Lisa

O.K. Lisa

Of course you are right about the National vs State Park thing. I withdraw my image and will go sulk in my room for three days as punishment!

Woody

But by the way, State or National Park aside did you enjoy the image?
No need. Keep it there, I enjoy looking at it!

It's a *very* good image. Nice composition (longer focal length than most, which I like there), and beautiful colors.

Lisa