The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PORTRAITS / SELF PORTRAITS....Digital or Film

etrigan63

My avatar is my last self-portrait, so here's a portrait I posted over in the Nikon forum from 2 weeks ago. Daughter of a friend of mine (as opposed to Andre - all the cuties are his friends):

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Spring of 2003. Death Valley. Unbearable heat (it must have been at least 85 degrees). Only the Spam in my fanny pack kept me alive and here today to tell this tale.

Gary
Alaska

P.S. My thanks to Mister Whitekeys for the inspiration to take this photo.
No more spam Gary, might have to yellow card ya. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

You actually ate that stuff, well you now have enough preservatives in ya to go a extra year.

bensonga

No more spam Gary, might have to yellow card ya. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

You actually ate that stuff, well you now have enough preservatives in ya to go a extra year.
People actually eat that stuff??? Really??? :wtf:

Gary
Alaska

Last edited:

helenhill

Finally this THREAD is having Some Fun... / Thanx Everyone :)

Tim / Beautiful shot of Joe...Love the Tones and the way his Image standout against the ethereal backdrop

LJ / Love the WAY most Folks SEE You

Kevin / Great Sense of Humor...I can See why Cam ADORES You

Jim / Not only do we get to SEE You but your 'Astral Body' as well....:ROTFL:

Mike / Lovely...I think YOU know I have a Soft Spot for Men w/ Gaotees :)

HiredArm / Tres Cool the Reflection & You in the second Shot

Carlos / Beautiful Smile & Look ..You brought at her Best for the Portrait

Rick / A Contax & Grain...PURRfect !

Gary / Who now will forever be known as 'The Spam Man'...:ROTFL:

:clap::clap::clap:

bensonga

Finally this THREAD is having Some Fun... / Thanx Everyone :)

Gary / Who now will forever be known as 'The Spam Man'...:ROTFL:

:clap::clap::clap:
OH NO!! Anything but that! Even "Mr. Pumpkinhead" would be better. :cry:

Gary
Alaska
:toocool:

kweide

Okay, here is me.. from some minutes ago... with a really bad common flu, red eyes, headache, permant sneezing and a sack full of Kleenex... ups Tempos

bensonga

At risk of being yellow carded by Guy.....here's my wife reaching for the last cans of Spam on the sand dunes of Death Valley.

Alaskans buy more Spam, per capita, than any other state in the Union (except Hawaii, go figure). These pics were actually taken in search of fame, if not fortune, when we attended a performance of Mr. Whitekey's at the Fly By Night Club in Spendard, the sleaziest bar (and most outrageous comedy club) in Alaska. Alas, this fine establishment has closed it's doors forever. :(

http://www.flybynightclub.com/spam.html

Gary
Alaska

stephengilbert

"Except Hawaii, go figure." In The Happy Isles of Oceania, Paul Theroux theorized that Spam was popular in the South Pacific because of the history of cannibalism there, suggesting that Spam, or at least pork, tasted like human flesh. Apparently in some cultures they refer to cannibalism as eating "long pork."

Last edited:

bensonga

Gary

please define SPAM Filter !!!

Lol
It all goes back to Monty Python, right? The scene in the restaurant with the Vikings chanting "SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, wonderful SPAM!"....so no one could order anything but SPAM.

Enough SPAM.....let's see more of your lovely mugs! :thumbup:

Gary
Alaska

Joan

OK, just because you asked, Helen. ;) Otherwise I'd just as soon keep my funny face outta sight, LOL. Love yours!!

etrigan63

It all goes back to Monty Python, right? The scene in the restaurant with the Vikings chanting "SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, wonderful SPAM!"....so no one could order anything but SPAM.

Gary
Alaska
Techno geeks, who are required to watch at least 300 hours of Monty Python, latched on to this sketch and dubbed Unsolicited Bulk E-mail as SPAM.

Don't forget, they could also order baked beans too.

"I want three tins of beans!"

"I told you to lay off the beans, ya whore!"

"That's my wife. Smells a bit, but she's got a heart of gold."

Yes, I'm an Alpha Geek.

Don Libby

Okay we've never met and outside of being just a little taller than "average" you might not notice me passing by on the street. Here's a shot of my lovely wife that I just happen to be in; thank goodness I have long arms.

Lisa

Does this count as a portrait? It's the closest I ever get to one, anyway. Me in my long winter coat, taken by my spouse with my camera, Christmas Day at the "Monster Park" in Bomarzo, Italy (a garden full of really weird sculpture from the 1500's):

Lisa

helenhill

Love it Joan...a Shorter Do and another cam

Lovely Shot of YOU & Your Wife...IronCreek

Very Cool to finally see You Lisa... as opposed to your little furry avatar