The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PORTRAITS / SELF PORTRAITS....Digital or Film

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
the C sonnar ...
You are slowly dragging me (kicking and screaming) towards actually liking portraits that are out of focus and blurred from camera shake. Maybe it's because you are the subject of so many of them. I like this one.

helenhill

Thank YOU, TIM / who needs to Focus, Its all about Atmosphere...:eek:

Great Shot of Sasha, Bob...Love the Body/Pose Attitude :)

Cool Shot Jim. Love the Motion Blur coupled w/ the the contrast of Alcatraz's sad Institutional setting

helenhill

The Ever so Beautiful
eleven year old Pug....LULUBELLE :) w/ her whacked out FAVorite Companion

Love the Shallow DOF... OLY OM1 / 50 1.4 / arista 400 / Rodinal... very little agitation
click on to make BIGGER

Last edited:
N

nei1

My middle son taken some 20 years ago on kodachrome.Have to wonder if our hard drives will be in such good nick as this simple slide after 20years.Cant remember the camera or lens but possibly an olympus.....neil

Ben Rubinstein

Bob, you are quite a changling, your self portraits make you so much more appealing to me! :ROTFL::ROTFL:

From a session with a mate in the park trying to teach ourselves how to predict wireless ETTL.

And using the wireless ETTL in action from a wedding from this season:

Last edited:

fotografz

People actually eat that stuff??? Really??? :wtf:

Gary
Alaska
Didn't you ever go to Art School Gary? ... Spam was like cash! :ROTFL:

Recycled coffee grounds and a slice of Spam ... keeps you goin' strong.

At the Center for Creative Studies in Detroit, I used to play cards with other students and either end up with the tube of paint I needed and a can of Spam (or Bounty Beef Stew) ... or go hungry and not have the paint. True story.

fotografz

Rick , You will appreciate another Contax shot ... Sizifo ,YOU look abit Dangerous

Y'all probably sick of me
but whats a Ham to do...:ROTFL:
Wish I could do like Cindy Sherman ....
"What's a Ham to do?"

Funny given the Spam is Ham, and Spam's double meaning connotation.

That's a "Hat Trick" of a pun I believe.

helenhill

sorry Jorgen..I deleted the photo ..Miss Ham is back tweaked...THANX Jorgen & Marc

RON: Excellent YOU & THE M6 in Time...Beautiful

click on to make BIGGER

Last edited:

fotografz

I just noticed this thread. Cool work here. :thumbs:

A couple of self portraits and a few other portraits ...

The 3 panel one is my wife Susan, others of my pals ... the theme portrait of the 1950s quasi-innocent gal is a sample to get clients to do themed staged portraits.

The two of me need to be updated (glasses and M, yellow room in LA) ... tick tock ... my hair is greying now, but looks good with my Hasselblad H camera :LOL:

-Marc

Stuart Richardson

Great shots Marc. The first photo of your wife is fantastic. Is she half-Japanese? She has a very unique (and beautiful) look. She reminds me of the models I often saw when I was living in Japan. They often chose models who were half-Japanese, or Western, but with some Japanese features. I think advertisers liked them because they were Japanese (and as such, familiar), but also had a Western flair, which is popular there.
ANYWAY.
Here is a photo my dad took of me when he visited me in Iceland. It is at the parking lot for Sejalandfoss, for anyone who has been here...

And here is a 15mm portrait using my grandfather's Leica III (1934 I believe).

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
A couple of visiting models, I have told all the others to stay away for a while...
Lilliana, my grand daughter (the youngest), Seraphina, my daughter, and Cynthia, my understanding and tolerant wife.
This was a setup for some passport shots for my daughter, but then they started horsing around.
View attachment 21273

View attachment 21274
-bob

Last edited: