The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The great GetDPI Northern Arizona Workshop

Terry

.... Again the G1 rocks! For all of those who hate EVFs, I will say the G1 by far was the easiest camera to shoot with in the slots. With the live view and articulating screen I did not need to be a contortionist to see what I was shooting nor did I need to shoot blind (which we all had to do at some point). I have a couple of blown out highlights that I will work on when I'm on a big screen.

http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/files/3/7/_1010624.jpg

My take on Spider Rock at Canyon de Chelly g1 7-14mm at 14mm

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks Cindy. I have to admit I was very frustrated in the slots. I could not work with my folks and a tough place to shoot. I know next time exactly what I am after. Horseshoe bend was great Terry got a nice shot and everybody was getting some great stuff. I try not to shoot too much and help others. But like to shoot some for the forum. I have a nice horseshoe just need to process it up . I like Terry's bridge shot. LOL

Guy Mancuso

.... Again the G1 rocks! For all of those who hate EVFs, I will say the G1 by far was the easiest camera to shoot with in the slots. With the live view and articulating screen I did not need to be a contortionist to see what I was shooting nor did I need to shoot blind (which we all had to do at some point). I have a couple of blown out highlights that I will work on when I'm on a big screen.

Yes pure hell for the MF shooters.LOL

Terry

One more before bed....

But first, one comment especially for Jack to get a laugh....I filled a CF card and instead of changing it out I used the second card slot but now I am in my room and don't have a card reader for a :cussing: memory stick !!!!!

Yesterday we started in the dark at 4:25AM at the Grand Canyon and we ended shooting in the dark close to 9PM

Terry

I'm still awake and realized on my G1 slot canyon shot that I posted the wrong one and can't edit. I added a lot of fill light playing around and introduced too much noise. I have other great G1 shots in the slots.

Robert Campbell

I'm still awake and realized on my G1 slot canyon shot that I posted the wrong one and can't edit. I added a lot of fill light playing around and introduced too much noise. I have other great G1 shots in the slots.
Nonetheless, very nice shots.

Never been to the slots, but are they a case for HDR?

Last edited:

Diane B

One more before bed....

But first, one comment especially for Jack to get a laugh....I filled a CF card and instead of changing it out I used the second card slot but now I am in my room and don't have a card reader for a :cussing: memory stick !!!!!

Yesterday we started in the dark at 4:25AM at the Grand Canyon and we ended shooting in the dark close to 9PM

Cool shot--I got a kick out of reading your experience in the slots with the G1 vs. Guy's LOL.

Diane

Diane B

My one horseshoe bend image. I have another that I shot different with a P65 back. This was a P30+
Saw this in the MF forum--lovely. There's something about MF--but I know its not in the cards for me any longer. Glad you are posting some even though I know you are busy, busy. Glad someone took a photo of the 'motley crew'.

I feel as though I'm living a bit vicariously through all of your shots on this workshop so keep posting.

Diane

Clawery

Saw this in the MF forum--lovely. There's something about MF--but I know its not in the cards for me any longer. Glad you are posting some even though I know you are busy, busy. Glad someone took a photo of the 'motley crew'.

I feel as though I'm living a bit vicariously through all of your shots on this workshop so keep posting.

Diane
That is a 'motley crew', especially the guy down on one knee w/ a blue shirt!
Speaking of Doug.. where are your pics? I want to see the magic you created!

Chris Lawery(e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
but now I am in my room and don't have a card reader for a :cussing: memory stick !!!!!
Oh yeah, a camera that used it's own proprietary type of memory in the main slot instead of one of the recognized standards! :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:
At least you'll remember one when you head to Iceland!

G R E A T silhouette BTW -- and anybody that's been on one of our workshops knows that it EXACTLY portrays the mood of the "end of shooting day" moment! :thumbs: (And making me miss being there all the more :()

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Sorry Bud, can't resist this... Can you spell C U B E ? :ROTFL:

1.22 CW rotation:

Guy Mancuso

Geez you guys needs to straighten your necks to go right. Did you ever hear of shifting to the left.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

BTWI need to redo that shot anyway , my color went south on me when I posted it .It was really late and I was not seeing straight. Just finished driving into Canyon De Chelley.Yea me 4 wheeling in the Lexus . Okay that was happening. Look late to night off to Monument Valley.

stephengilbert

Jack,

How do you know that the physical features in Guy's shot are level? It looks good to me; although your avatar seems to be tilted a bit CW. :angel:

Steve