The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What you missed after the Arizona Workshop

ptomsu

Workshop Member
We had a great time on Saturday also after the workshop hanging out in Valley of the Gods and other nice spots.

Thanks Gerry and Marie for the wonderful great time we had together during this week!

More pictures to come for sure :)

Terry

Peter,
Enjoy your extra time in the southwest. Great meeting you. I like this arch shot and I see some blue in the sky so it looks like it cleared up a little bit. Next up isn't Arches or Canyonlands but Medium Format Land a world unto itself! :D

O

Oxide Blu

Next up isn't Arches or Canyonlands but Medium Format Land a world unto itself! :D
DON'T DO IT!!!

Medium Format Land is but a brief stepping stone on your journey to the Bottomless Pit of Eternal Doom, a.k.a. Large Format Land, that place from which no one ever returns. This the elders tell us. :D

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Very nice Peter! It sounds like you are enjoying your stay. Any decisions about an MF camera yet?

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Very nice Peter! It sounds like you are enjoying your stay. Any decisions about an MF camera yet?
Thanks Jack!

Not yet any final decisions, but leaning very much towards Phase.

My plan is to use also Tech Cameras (Cambo), as it turned out to be very good for what I want to do.

So will watch this a little while before I finally jump in :)

thomas

My plan is to use also Tech Cameras (Cambo), as it turned out to be very good for what I want to do.
also take a serious look at the ArTec and the new Arca-Swiss Rm3d and take them in your hands. And sum up the real costs with all accessories (lens mounts for Cambo are expensive).

ptomsu

Workshop Member
also take a serious look at the ArTec and the new Arca-Swiss Rm3d and take them in your hands. And sum up the real costs with all accessories (lens mounts for Cambo are expensive).
Thanks,

will definitely do. Needs some more investigation I know :) which is fun!

ptomsu

Workshop Member
This pano was taken handheld in Valley of the Gods with

A900, lens 2.8/24-70 at 55mm and f5

7 frames upright format processed in PS3

frontosa

Workshop Member
2 out of 3 natural bridges at Natural Bridges State Momument. Kachina Bridge which is a long and steep hike down. Several switchbacks and two ladders (steps cut through the rock). Worth the hike, extremely quiet at the bottom of the canyon. There was no one else for the 45 minutes we were in the canyon floor.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
2 out of 3 natural bridges at Natural Bridges State Momument. Kachina Bridge which is a long and steep hike down. Several switchbacks and two ladders (steps cut through the rock). Worth the hike, extremely quiet at the bottom of the canyon. There was no one else for the 45 minutes we were in the canyon floor.
This is a great shot Gerry! You actually managed to see this very different from me, this has a perfect perspective and colors!

Yes it was more than worth the hike and it was also a great exercise after all he time sitting and driving :)