The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica gear may even get more expensive...

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
1.00 EUR = 1.49826 USD

0.00174 away from $1.50

That was the rate an hour ago. Glad I ordered my Lugi cases yesterday..

Looks like I'll have to find a 'Clean well-lighted place' in South America....

LJL

John,
It be gettin' ugly lately, as they say. Tonight I also heard a word used to describe the US economy that I had not heard in 25+ years or so...."stagflation"....ecaonomic stagnation or lack of growth, coupled with increasing inflation. That tends to also not do much good for currency valuation :-(

South America is starting to look attractive again. I lived in Buenos Aires for a while when I was working on a long project for a client. I loved it. Felt like I was in Europe, but had that warm Hispanic undertone, and prices were very affordable. Not sure it is quite the same today, but I still have a spot in my heart for the place.

LJ

Lars

Yep the dollar is at 6.17 SEK (Swedish Crowns) today lowest since I don't know when (80's?). It peaked at over 11 SEK around 2000-01. Good time to fly to NYC and do some shopping :)