Site Sponsors

Capture Integration Digital Transitions Camera West empty Guy Mancuso Photography

Thread: Mpix Pro Rights Grab

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Mpix Pro Rights Grab

From the terms and conditions on the new Mpix Pro service.

You certify that you own all intellectual property rights in Your Content. You hereby grant Millerís, our affiliates, and our partners a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, nonexclusive, sub licensable license to use, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, transfer, transmit, distribute, and publish Your Content and subsequent versions of Your Content for the purposes of (i) displaying Your Content on our Site, (ii) distributing Your Content, either electronically or via other media, to users seeking to download or otherwise acquire it, and/or (iii) storing Your Content in a remote database accessible by end users, for a charge. This license shall apply to the distribution and the storage of Your Content in any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed.

Wow but that's a blatent rights grab and from a supposedly pro service. They can sell your wedding pics to your clients or run off a thousand copies of a limited edition print and there's not a thing you can do about it.

Spread the word people, Facebook backed down soon enough.
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz

Oxide Blu

Re: Mpix Pro Rights Grab

Well, yes, there is something you can do about it. Just because they say it is so doesn't mean it is so. It just means you get to help put some lawyer's kid through college to get compensated -- prob cost more than what you would get out of a settlement.

That's for the heads up on that. (I think it was) Adobe did something similar, a bunch of folks complained and Adobe backed down. Maybe Mpix will do the same if folks complain.