The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Please, tell me film is dead.....

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Well, I've done again. I got another film body Leica, M4. I wanted two Classic no battery M-bodies. I've now got to get a changing bag, Rodinal and some fixer and I'm back in the film business.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Rodinol! I haven't even thought of that wonderful stuff for a very long time. My memory is so hazy I've forgotten the formulas used for Tri-x. I seem to remember one process that involved a two part development with a water bath in between. And isn't there something that gets added to the Rodinol prior to mixing? I could swear I remember using a syringe to inject something into the rubber stopper of the bottle. Too long ago I'm afraid.

Anyway, I say go for it. Film can make wonderful things happen. If you've got the energy and the gear, have at it!

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Maggie you are a greedy Lady.... I've not even gotten it yet from the seller and I should send it to you? :ROTFL:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Is this the same Jonathan that spent months agonizing... before deciding to buy the M8????:ROTFL:

Congratulations. I'm happy that you finally found that M4 that you have been lusting after.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Did you see Bob F's latest post in the M8 thread??? It's an MP film shot from Moab --- check it out and you'll be convinced film is definitely not dead :D