The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Having a rest

jonoslack

Hi Everyone

I'm going to give it a rest for a month - I hope all you guys have a great summer.

I don't really want to go into details, but I feel that I'm so much at odds with the general mood in the forum that I'm only generating unnecessary heat - which isn't good for the mood of the place, and which I should be able to leave alone, but find it difficult to.

I'm not throwing my toys out of the pram - I'm not resigning, I'm just going away for a bit.

- I'll come back and look again in September when I've been to Crete and if there is an announcement from Leica it's been made.

In the meantime, a great big Cheerio to all my (many) mates here - even the ones I disagree with!

Enjoy the rest of the summer - I intend to (I might even find some time to cut the lawn) :)

Last edited:

Knorp

Dear Jono,
enjoy your "sabbatical", have a fantastic holiday, hope to see you back in September (with lots of wonderful photos of course ;)).

Take care and all the best.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Looking forward to see your pictures from Crete, Jono, enjoy your holiday together with your family :) All the best, Steen

beamon

Sometimes a step back and a later re-entry when the smoke has cleared is a good idea.

Know, however, that you had a sympathetic ear here, Jono. Except for a few justifiable grievances, Leica is getting pounded by speculation which we know will influence nothing, but we do it because we CAN! ;)

I suspect that much of the bashing is being done because many would honestly liked to have bought the S2, but felt left out when the price was announced. Heck, that's typically Leica, imo. I remember (fondly now) when the M3 was introduced, and I was a starving, newly married guy. It was totally out of my reach and it kind of made me mad. But, time, hard work and an ability to live frugally finally paid off and I was able to buy into Leica. It was a watershed event as a lot of good things began happening then.

Come back soon!

Eoin

Hi Jono, Take the chill pill, relax, enjoy the holiday, no doubt we'll see you back amongst the ranks of misfits and troublemakers, there is nothing like coming home after a holiday.:ROTFL:

MoJo

Registred Users
Hey Jono, go take pictures there for a month, forget about all the forum trivia..... making great art is what it is all about anyway, isn't it? and you are an Artist!
Blessings and Bright Journeys,
-Josef

jonoslack

HI Everyone.
Withdrawal pains are hard to bear!

Thanks for all the kind messages - I have a couple of weeks of serious work to get done before I go on holiday, and I'll try and get some fun pictures for when I get back.

I am popping in for a read every so often though . . . so you'll have to watch out for what you say :ROTFL:

Thank you again

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
GetDPI forum Junky. LOL

Withdraw is killing you. I made it one day and could not stand it felt lost out there in the real world. LOL

PS Like that avatar

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Jono,
I'll miss you. I'm really looking forward to another set from Crete. Will Ms. Emma be posing again on the rocks? :bugeyes:She looked lovely.
Enjoy!

Jono,

I don't post very often however, I do read the forum on a regular basis and always enjoy your posts - photos and opinions. I look forward to your return.

Mark

ecliffordsmith

Hi Jono,

I have just had a break myself although this has been due to internet connection (or lack of) problems and an unsocial workload.

I have always enjoyed your photographs and views and look forward to both again soon.

Have a nice holiday!

helenhill

Will MISS you Dear !

but I can relate...
things are Different....
there are so many people I no longer see here anymore
and I too come less & less

To the Fall Equinox
may we then Celebrate Again Together

fotografz

OKAY you maggot, on your feet !!!!

Get your lazy butt back in gear, and start posting. Your Country ... er ... forum needs you !!! :salute:

;)