The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photography, Art and Writing (a thinking thread)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
A note on the lens blur filter as opposed to gaussian blur. The lens blur filter allows for adjustment of how highlights are rendered independently from the rest of the image, where Gaussian is applied across the entire image. I should maybe do a module on using the lens blur filter on our next workshop -- it can be quite powerful.

Cheers,

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I'm not going to be posting or reading any of the forums here for a while. You know, maybe I do ask incredibly stupid questions and maybe in 39 years of shooting I haven't learned a damn thing and maybe my photos are hardly worth the time it takes to scroll past them, but I'm really feeling worn out and looked-down-upon here lately.

Message received- I'm a no-talent idiot. I just don't need to hear it anymore.
One more who's puzzled by this post. I always look forward to your posts and photographs. You would alter the mix here should you decide to stay away. And that would be a great loss.

cam

don't go!

i can understand if you need to pull away for a little bit. sometimes you need the space and it can be good for the soul.

but to say it's because you have no talent and are looked down upon is utter bullshit! i have learned so much from you -- your knowledge, your words, your photographs. and i treasure the support you've given me, especially in my own fragile state, because of how much i respect you and your skills as a photographer and your uncanny knack of getting it.

we love you here.

don't go!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
BTW it has nothing to with this thread but another and Maggie looks like she took a comment out of context. But this forum does not want her to leave. PERIOD . Hopefully she will just take a short break and realize it was really nothing after all. Please let's move on enough being depressed for the forum. We have a great home here and let's get through this.

D

DougDolde

Didn't realize you guys were so sensitive. They say the most important thing to learn, when you're married, is how to say "I'm Sorry".

Repeat after me....

:ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Sorry works in many ways and does not always mean what the word implies.

Also maybe a good time for this reminder. We mean this and it is the forum mantra and we will abide by it.

"A place to exchange ideas, techniques, experiences AND images,
where the discussions are fun, respectful and geared toward the goal of
helping each other improve all aspects of our photography."

cam

a message from Maggie

it seems that she may have been hit by the dreaded influenza that caught a few of us earlier this year (a present from her niece). hopefully it's only a cold, but for now she's down for the count.

she wanted me to thank everybody who wrote to her yesterday. she was really touched by the kindness.

her lack of response is because she's doing what she should be doing right now -- getting a ton of sleep :sleep006:

get well soon, Maggie!

we miss you!!!

Guy Mancuso

Good news and bad. Thanks Cam I hope she gets better soon . The flu put me down for 5 days IN bed. Nasty stuff