The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Bay Area Local Photographer's Get-Together, Sept. 10th

Diane B

PS: I want to apologize for having to leave early, but I got an emergency call from my wife. Our 7 year old yellow Lab was diagnosed with kidney disease a few weeks ago and she passed away yesterday late afternoon :(
I'm so sorry to hear that Jack. Our dogs (cats too) are part of our family and it is sad when they leave us so soon.

Diane

beamon

I'm so sorry to hear that Jack. Our dogs (cats too) are part of our family and it is sad when they leave us so soon.

Diane
Our sympathies, as well, Jack. It's always tough to lose family at any time, but greatly premature might be even tougher.

Cope well!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the kind thoughts. Yes it is hard when you lose a great pet, and tougher when they go too early...

Lisa

I'm very sorry to hear about your dog, Jack. I went through that a few months ago with my only pet, a wonderful cat I had raised from a kitten 16 years before, and it was very difficult. I now have two wonderful new cats in my life, though, and that's been a great joy to me lately.

My condolences...

Lisa

John Grow

Jack - I just read through the entire post. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

We also had our 11 year old "studio greeter" pass away two weeks ago. She was rescue from the shelter, and a mixed breed, but she was a wonderful friend and I miss her terribly.

My sincerest condolences.
John

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I have been on the phone with Jack everyday all week talking about his dog and it is just so sad to see a lab of only 7 years pass on. My sorry is very deep for you bud. I lost a lab several years ago and she is sorely missed around here.

Missed the post about the dog, Jack. Very sorry to hear that. It's very wrenching to lose a friend like that, in what should be the prime of their life. :(

Godfrey

It was a super turnout and was great to meet a few new folks! Maybe next time we should organize a local shoot -- maybe over on the coast or at Stanford?
That would be grand, Jack. I enjoyed meeting you and the rest of the group, a couple of whom I knew from other venues/occasions. Truly a fun time.

I'll post another note with a few snapshots of the gathering. Nothing that I'd call great art, just fun ... ;-)

PS: I want to apologize for having to leave early, but I got an emergency call from my wife. Our 7 year old yellow Lab was diagnosed with kidney disease a few weeks ago and she passed away yesterday late afternoon :(
My condolences on your loss. Dogs are some of the finest people.

Godfrey

... photos ...

As I said, not great Art but fun. ;-)

Punched up the ISO to 800 or so, rendered to B&W. Most taken with the Cosmicar 12.5mm lens, a couple with the Olympus ZD 25mm, but I cropped them all square with similar rendering for a nice feel:

http://www.gdgphoto.com/getdpigather1/