The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Bay Area Local Photographer's Get-Together, Sept. 10th

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi All!

It's that time again. How about Thursday September 10th, 4PM at Printer's Cafe next to Keeble and Shuchat Photography in Palo Alto? Bring prints or any work you want to share, or just join in for some camaraderie and a cup of coffee with other photographers.

Hope to see you there!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I also did a direct email to many of our previous attendees when I posted this and have already heard yes's from 6, so it's sure to be a good one!

I'll try to make it, it would be good to connect some names & faces. If I bring some stuff on a USB drive, what options will there be for displaying?

JohnH

Hi All!

It's that time again. How about Thursday September 10th, 4PM at Printer's Cafe next to Keeble and Shuchat Photography in Palo Alto? Bring prints or any work you want to share, or just join in for some camaraderie and a cup of coffee with other photographers.

Hope to see you there!
And then can we do Bangkok on the Friday?

:toocool:

Unfortunately I won't get back to San Francisco until Xmas!

John

JohnH

And then can we do Bangkok on the Friday?

Unfortunately I won't get back to San Francisco until Xmas!

John
Oooops - I just remembered I will be in Australia that week. OK, Bangalow on Friday 10th? Where are the Aussies?

Godfrey

I've put it on my calendar. There's another appmnt at 7pm in Santa Clara so I'm not sure how long I can stay, but I'll be there.

Will bring a laptop, although I prefer to show prints myself. ;-)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi folks:

FWIW everybody brings whatever presentation medium they prefer. So we'll see prints, laptops and even maybe a book or two!

I am sure there will be at least one laptop there, but best to bring your own so you know the colors look right for your images.

kdemas

It was terrific to meet everyone today in Palo Alto. Some terrific gear, outstanding prints and interesting conversations.

I look forward to the next get together.

Kent

Aw bummer. I don't know how I got it into my head that this was supposed to be at 7:30... I'm glad you all had a good time though. When is the next one?

Lisa

When is the next one?
Whenever someone prods Jack or me to schedule one, or I prod him...:deadhorse:
Just post a reminder here in a couple of months, and it would probably help.

We had a huge turnout yesterday. Sometimes in the past we've only had three or four people, but yesterday we ended up with something like a dozen, so many that I never got to talk to many of them.

Lisa

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
It was a super turnout and was great to meet a few new folks! Maybe next time we should organize a local shoot -- maybe over on the coast or at Stanford?

PS: I want to apologize for having to leave early, but I got an emergency call from my wife. Our 7 year old yellow Lab was diagnosed with kidney disease a few weeks ago and she passed away yesterday late afternoon :(