The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Forum Font Change?

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Is it my imagination? Or maybe Snow Leopard has done something to Safari? But all the fonts in the forum now appear to be in a much heavier typeface, bold or heavy. Was a change made to the forum's CSS?

If so, I find it a little heavy for everything.

Terry

I haven't moved this machine to Snow Leopard yet. If you go to the Safari preferences here is what mine looks like:

View attachment 21568

Don't know if this is helpful.... especially if this is the only site that seems to have changed.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I did a little searching after your response and discovered others with similar font issues in Snow Leopard. I haven't tracked a solution yet, but one poster suggested clearing the font caches. I'll keep looking for the answer (if there is one) and post back.

Tim

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
OK, I tried something and it seems to have worked. It isn't clear if the problem only emerges if you are running font management software or not. However, I am, I use Font Agent Pro to handle font activation, but I think it might also be the same for any other font software like Suitcase.

Open your font management software and search it for all the Lucida fonts. Activate all of them. Restart Safari and bingo, back to the normal display of GetDPI forum page fonts. I have no idea why, but it worked for me.

Last edited:

JohnH

Fonts? You guys have fonts?

Geez.

Performance is so bad here when we connect to GetDPI we have to use a pencil and draw the images...

:toocool:

Cheers,

John

[Well, the connection does get to be very slow sometimes - nothing to do with the site, I hasten to add...]