The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
In Thailand, at many temples, you can make merit by buying a small cage with birds and release them to freedom. In the old days people released birds and fish that had been trapped in the rice fields or the forest. These days, they are captured by commercial vendors who make a profit from hunting down the little creatures and selling them to temple visitors, often the same birds again and again.

Did anybody ask the birds what they think?

GH1 with Zeiss CY 85mm f/1.4 @ f/1.4

This is taken with my oldish 85mm that for a while I thought was a gonner, but a visit to the cleaner made a lot of difference. No more haze or flare, and crystal clear photos even wide open :)

Robert

Anyone have any thoughts about the differences betweem the C/Y 28mm Distagon vs. Contax G Biogon?

I should mention that I have a NEX-5N and am considering the NEX-6 when it comes out.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Newly acquired and rare Zeiss/Contax 100/3.5 on Canon 40D

Methinks this thread is dead...kaput...hors de combat...anyone out there?

Last edited:

woodyspedden

Carsten, I have to agree with you on Lloyd Chambers, but not necessarily the way you think. When the Z* 35 f:1.4 came out, he was very vocal about there being "haze" wide open, which essentially made such shots useless. I bought the lens anyhow, found this not to be so. When I queried him, he waffled and said that this was "reduced contrast", and nothing else. Now he has just posted an addition, saying that the lens is actually sharp wide open, but only if you are very, very careful about focusing, pretty much the way he is. I was about to resubscribe, and now feel leess inclined...

From my end, Kinkakuji temple in Kyoto, with ZM 18 on NEX 5N
Philber

I post this just as a comparison shot. Mine was shot this past October using the M9P with the 35mm Summicron. Again, not a Zeiss shot so slightly out of context but I thought it was a fun comparison. Obviously mine was shot at much further distance from Kinkakuji than yours

Best

Woody

V

Vivek

I forgot that this thread exists.

A snap of one of the finest lenses made by Zeiss.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
NEX-6, Olympus pen F Macro 38/3.5

A simple double gauss construction with mtf figures for 100 and 150 cycles!

scho

A balmy December afternoon down at the lake. NEX5-N IR with the Zeiss Contax G 35mm f/2 Planar.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Zeiss/Contax CY 80-200/4 Vario-Sonnar with EOS adapter...short, light, and inexpensive...focuses down to about 4 ft.

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
Merry Christmas, Carl. Thanks for your "likes". Not many of us around enjoying the output of Zeiss/Contax lenses.

Roy Benson

bensonga

Not many of us around enjoying the output of Zeiss/Contax lenses.
Roy Benson
Hi Roy. Maybe your recent images will help to put some new life in this thread for 2013. Happy Holidays and New Year to all!

I had forgotten about these Alternate Forum threads until I saw Steen's posts on the Nikkor lens thread.

Here are a couple images taken with my Hasselblad Zeiss 80mm CFE lens on a Nikon D700, shortly after I got the camera. I'm afraid I haven't taken any more images with the Hasselblad lenses on my Nikon DSLRs since then. Time to give it another try, perhaps on the D800E.

By the way....does anyone know if there is a commonly recognized designation for the Hasselblad Zeiss V system lenses, similar to ZF, ZE etc designations?

Gary

benroy

Subscriber Member
Zeiss/Contax CY 100-300/4.5 Vario-Sonnar on EOS adapter...this lens is a real handful...especially at 300mm..no tripod collar.

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
Contax/Zeiss CY 100/2 Planar on EOS adapter...can't wait to get to the rusting metal, peeling paint, and rotting wood...whatta lens!

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
Zeiss/Contax CY 60/2.8 Planar-S macro with EOS adapter...punch them up and enjoy the color and the lighting...especially the last two leaves pics

Last edited: