The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panoramas - 1200 pixels wide

carstenw

Who has panoramas? Post them here! There is just one rule: the posted photo must be exactly 1200 pixels wide, including all trim! Landscapes, skyscapes, bodyscapes, everything is welcome, even carscapes!

carstenw

Another carscape. Zeiss ZF.2 100/2 MP on Nikon D3 again, stitched with Photoshop CS4. I also use Autopano Pro, but these carscapes are made from two shots each, and don't need that treatment. After I have posted my best carscapes I will post some more demanding stitches:

carstenw

Well, that's all for this series for now. These were all done with tripod and live view, with a Nikon D3 and the ZF.2 100 MP.

I hope to post some more traditional stitches soon. I also hope that someone else joins in with something else :)

bensonga

I've only create a few panoramic photos......here are two of them. Both taken with a Canon 5D and the 24-105L lens.

These don't even come close to matching the quality of your automotive panos.....those are impressive!

Gary

Bird Point, Turnagain Arm, Alaska

Chugach Mountains and the Matansuska River, Alaska

bensonga

Well, I realize it's like comparing apples and oranges.....but the detail in your automotive shots is really impressive, which seems lacking in the two images I posted. Perhaps it's the combination of the D3 and Zeiss 100 MP....I can only imagine how good the full resolution images must look!

Gary

P.S. The photo from Bird Point is always one I will remember because while I was there, a volcano about 50 miles in the distance erupted. We could see the grey cloud of ash heading our direction, so we quickly packed up our gear and hiked back to the trail head parking lot. By the time I got on the road, headed back for Anchorage, the ash was falling and I drove back to town in a blowing ash fall. No way to avoid it.

carstenw

At this small a resolution, I am pretty sure that it is just the resizing and sharpening I do. If you are interested, I can post my basic strategy tomorrow for you to try out. I have to admit though that Zeiss lenses do have a certain clarity.

bensonga

At this small a resolution, I am pretty sure that it is just the resizing and sharpening I do. If you are interested, I can post my basic strategy tomorrow for you to try out. I have to admit though that Zeiss lenses do have a certain clarity.
Thanks Carsten...I would really appreciate learning better ways to sharpen and re-size my photos for posting web sized images and I've always been impressed with the images you've posted here, so whatever you're doing, it is definitely worth a try on my part!

Gary