The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panoramas - 1200 pixels wide

carstenw

Hmm, it occurs to me that not every stitch is a panorama. I will have to pay more attention in the future. I guess anything wider than 1.5:1 can be seen as a panorama, the more the better.

Another tree shot. 10 shots, 100MP@f/4:

carstenw

Thanks! I bought one of those kite strings for my daughter, but only with 30 kites on it (this one has 74, IIRC). She loved flying it and probably stood still for half an hour, just flying it. Unbelievable :)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

The PTGui stitching software used here is limited by a max width of 25000 pixels if you want to generate a natural size / full size panorama.

So this underlying linked 25 vertical frames pano was heavily downsized because it exceeded the limit. Still zoomable to some extent.

25 vertical frames in one row make a rather small strip at 1200 pixel width :)

© click for larger size (2.5 Mb)

© • Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50mm ZF • 1/40 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX • PTGui

J

jcoffin

Okay, I'll add one. This is the Taal volcano/caldera in Tagaytay, the Philippines.

I've also linked to a larger version, but be warned: the large version is 18000 pixels wide, so unless you have a really fast connection, it may take a while to download.

Godfrey

Soft Light, Christmas After Morning

It was quiet and peaceful this morning with soft light and fog outdoors. The canvas wrap I had made for my partner was hung yesterday, the holiday lights are up. What better time to make a photo of the living room for posterity?

Ricoh GXR-M + CV Skopar 21mm f/4
ISO 200 @ f/8 @ 1 second
9 frame composite panorama

(larger, 2000 pixel wide rendering)

enjoy