The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Happy, Lucky OM-thread

carstenw

Yay, I love the Olympus OM system! I used to have an OM-2n and later an OM-4, but they were sold long ago. I now have an OM-1 w/ 50/1.8, but am not using it at the moment :(

Great shot! Is there a story behind it?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Some of the OM lenses are still world class, and the 50/2.0 Macro is one of them. The photo is from a touring car race last weekend. It's one of the umbrella girls checking her make-up at the back of the pit among mechanics, spare parts and roaring engines and at least 35 degrees C.

I'm running low on OM usable OM bodies, so I should buy a couple of new ones. Time and monies, time and monies... :confused:

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
I love this image, Jorgen.

BTW, I have an OM-2n body I'd be happy to give you; I don't use it. PM me. It even has the motor drive cover (I had to argue with KEH to get that!). I have to go interstate tomorrow, but can take it with me and post it to you from there, if you want it. Cheers, KL

neilvan

Love that last photo "Clean Trio" Jorgen...just wonderful.

I am just waiting for an order of film (Velvia 50/Acros 100). I am leaving on a three-day road trip early tomorrow morning with my OM-4T and some of my favourite OM lenses.

Love the OM system!