The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panoramic heads for medium format digital

felix5616

Does anyone know of a panoramic head/mount that willl work with a phase one DF body? I would like to do to stitched panoramas with medium format digital systems.

carstenw

I am guessing that any of the larger heads would work with an L-bracket. I use the RRS system, and it works well with my cameras, including a Contax 645.

Shashin

The majority of my panoramas with my Pentax 645D are not only not taken without a panoramic head, they are handheld. The need for a head is only under circumstances where you have a lot of foreground objects likein a forest. I use an Acra Swiss PO ballheadwith a Manfrotto macro rail as a nodal slide. That works with all my 35mm, 55mm, and 120mm lenses. Really Right Stuff has a number of nodal slides/rails for their heads or heads that take certain quick release plates.

L

LB Jefferies

I use a mixture of Kirk and RRS parts. RRS for the rotating clamp, Kirk for the ballhead and brackets.
Either of those two brands will serve you well. :)