The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Relay Lenses

V

Vivek

I am in the process of putting together a relay lens system to use on mirrorless camera systems and will report any progress (hampered momentarily due to lack of bits and pieces of adapters) in due course.

There are many commercial ones available starting from the famous Panavision's Frazier lens to much lesser known (and way cheaper) ones for CCD cameras.

Has anyone worked with any and is there any experience to share?

Of particular interest is the non magnifying types that would preserve the apertures of the taking lenses.

V

Vivek

When the infinity focus is within a lens, this is what is possible even when I hold the Repro Nikkor 85/1 straight on the NEX-7 (registry distance 18mm).

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Already ~ 1:1 magnification.:eek:

unlearny

I'm not sure what a relay lens is for. I'm using enlarging lenses with my Betterlight scanning back, tonight. A gutted and rebuilt 162mm f4.5 Wolly Raptar got closer than I expected to my subject. Ill add a link when it is done uploading...