The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Portable flatbed scanner

Pierrard

Hello,

I'm interested in trying the DIY scanning-back large format setup I've seen around various websites, but most of the details I've seen have been regarding the image optimization stage, rather than construction.

What seems most common for this build is a studio approach: lots of detail in a controlled environment. Since I would be using this for landscape, I need a portable scanner (that doesn't require a wall-mount) - ideally one that is battery-powered, or that can work off a laptop.

Does anyone know of a flatbed scanner of this sort?
- self/laptop-powered
- preferably light (~1-2kg) for ease of mounting
- minimum 1200dpi, preferably 2000dpi.

If battery-powered, then it would also require the ability to write the scan file to a storage device, like USB or SD card.

I've already talked to various tech stores in the area, but haven't quite found the ideal option yet.

Thanks!