Site Sponsors

Thread: Older Contax G2 lens....

rayman68

Older Contax G2 lens....

Has anyone made an adapter for these lenses for any camera? Most of these new 4/3 cams kind of look like a G2.

Thanks for any help,

Kelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Older Contax G2 lens....

Quote Originally Posted by rayman68 View Post
    Has anyone made an adapter for these lenses for any camera? Most of these new 4/3 cams kind of look like a G2.

Thanks for any help,

Kelly
    Hi rayman68,
    I have been in touch with RJ of Jinfinance in Shanghai (eBay seller) during the past year or so. According to one of his latest communications I have, he will be soon completing the research/development phase for producing a Contax G lens adapter for the micro 4/3 cameras. All the best!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

It would be great if RJ of Jinfinance actually produces a working adapter version for the Contax G lens but I am optimistic. In other forum threads, people more knowledgeable than me have indicated that there are significant technological challenges that may preclude the use of the Contax G lenses with any camera other than the original Contax G and G2. able to be overcome in an adapter. Since I have some of those fine Contax G ens, I hope the RJ proves the naysayers wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the problem is with the back elements sticking out too far. There will be a problem with 28mm and maybe 35mm lens as well. But there should be no problems with 50mm and up.
    I remember older Sonnar 50mm f1.5 (yes, Sonnar f1.5, not Planar, strange I know) Good lens, good bokeh. The newer Distagon 28mm was an excellent lens too.

rayman68

Thanks guys. Wish i could put my 21 or 28mm on one of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I agree; I would love to use my G2 lenses 21-90 on my G1. The 21mm was my favorite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by rayman68 View Post
    Thanks guys. Wish i could put my 21 or 28mm on one of them.
    Hi rayman68,
    You may have already seen Ken Rockwell's website -- http://www.kenrockwell.com/leica/con...onversions.htm. Another websie of interest is -- http://www.japanexposures.com/lens/. I am still waiting for the latest word from RJ of Jinfinance in Shanghai! All the best!