The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
WOW!

Outstanding!

Keith, I love this one with the soft Lens, a fabulous shot . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Thanks Dan, I think you would love this lens. I caught one for $28 on ebay. I think now is a good time to buy. It's a simple one element lens in a plastic tube with a couple of other diaphragms thrown into the package. It was looking at the images from Klaus's homemade lens that led me to discover the Sima

Here is another one

Keith

seakayaker

Thanks Dan, I think you would love this lens. I caught one for $28 on ebay. I think now is a good time to buy. It's a simple one element lens in a plastic tube with a couple of other diaphragms thrown into the package. It was looking at the images from Klaus's homemade lens that led me to discover the Sima

Here is another one

Keith

. . . . . very nice indeed, I will have to do a search!

(finally a recommendation for a lens I can afford!)

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Breaking Wave
This Bokeh was done with FocalPoint 2

Mike

A Beautiful Bokehgraph!

Love the color, the curl of the wave, the spray, the blue water reaching to the horizon, the white clouds, horizontal layers . . . . . real eye candy!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

m3photo

Re: Breaking Wave

Breaking Wave

Hmm. I like the idea but when I see lack of punch I always say to myself that's there's more there. I'm the one who preferred the contrast added to the geese in another of your masterpieces.

This is just my view of course but I'll share it on the forum with your permission:

The Auto Color command is one most forgotten by "hardened" Photoshop users because it entails the dreaded "auto" prefix. I use it profusely, not always to 100% and sometimes not at all as it too misses the point sometimes, but as a check to see if there's a better version of the image's colour and contrast (yes it engulfs more than just colour balance) it's one not to be snubbed at.
In this case I duplicated the layer, applied Auto Color and then on a mask painted a straight line across the in focus wave break with a soft black brush at 33% to bring back a touch of the green in the shadows which was too contrasty for my liking on pure "auto". The ensuing colours in the sky are simply Photoshop's way of interpreting the image as it thinks the camera saw them, the important aspect of this exercise is the overall contrast added which for me provides the "punch" I saw lacking. Much more post-processing can be done to suit all tastes of course but the Auto Color example was what I wanted to share here.

seakayaker

Michael, i did like the color change to the top portion of the photo that you altered. The original wave, spray and foreground (bottom) portion of the original is much more pleasing to the eye, to me anyway.

Adding another layer and dropping on the original wave area back in may have been an alternative to using the brush across the wave.

Always enjoy your commentary and your photos in the various threads.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

m3photo

Re: Post Processing

Michael, i did like the color change to the top portion of the photo that you altered. The original wave, spray and foreground (bottom) portion of the original is much more pleasing to the eye, to me anyway.

Adding another layer and dropping on the original wave area back in may have been an alternative to using the brush across the wave.

Always enjoy your commentary and your photos in the various threads.
Thank you Dan.
All a matter of taste of course but I rarely accept an image straight out of the camera hence the quest for greater range from the latent image.