The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Keith,
This image is excellent! The plane (or sycamore?) tree is a great contrasty subject and a beautiful tree.
Cheers,
Jim

Thanks Jim

We have two good specimens of planes in our garden here in Oakville. As you can see, we are virtually snow free right now.

If anyone wants to know the difference between a plane and a sycamore I invite them to go to Wikipedia. I can't figure it out after a few google attempts :banghead:

But I've seen them from Chile to Turkey, and they all look the same.

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Keith,

This is a great series! beautiful
I hope you post more of these. Seems you are enjoying your new adapter.

Mike

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
My latest 3 image compo with some work done with the Patch Tool.

Michiel

- " Hi everybody " -

G1 = Canon FD L 85/1.2​
Michiel - do you do all your color work with just the sliders in PS?

Are your prints turning out well? - these images must look stunning as large prints. I've just done a couple of mine on the 16x19 Hahnemuhle gallery wraps and they look great. Next I want to try Mike's encaustic wax, but the wife seems to be having a bit of trouble with it :bugeyes:
She is threatening to kick me out into my own space.

Keith

Keith

m3photo

Re: Wax

Next I want to try Mike's encaustic wax, but the wife seems to be having a bit of trouble with it.
OK so tell her if she wants to do her legs she can use her own wax!
On the other hand you could have one up on Mike and have hairs embedded into your canvasses ... :eek:

Meanwhile; Brighton Solitude

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel - do you do all your color work with just the sliders in PS?

Are your prints turning out well? - these images must look stunning as large prints. I've just done a couple of mine on the 16x19 Hahnemuhle gallery wraps and they look great. Next I want to try Mike's encaustic wax, but the wife seems to be having a bit of trouble with it :bugeyes:

Keith

Keith
Keith - these where 3 bokehphotos with almost the original colours (not much PP, I just seem to be attracted by colourful surroundings. A true deformation of thought).
Just learned about the patch tool which was great to make a soft overflow from the orange colours of the 2 photographs on the outside to the middle photo. ( A sculpture by Bjork from the financial paradise of Iceland :rolleyes:).

Had two prints made - 60 x 80 cm - placed between digibond and plexiglas. Looks great, hanging on the wall right behind me, waiting to get exhibited.
First proofprints were made to test colour and darkness.

Last two of your trees look nice, did you add some colour there?
I ordered that same adapter in OM Mount. Did not hear a thing yet.
I am curious what it can do for me in city scapes as well.

Here is one from that same museum trip (Groninger Museum) where the last one is derived from.

Cheers, Michiel ( Better do the dirty wax work in your own space, it is no good to get all of this in the way of harmonic mariage :D )

Michiel Schierbeek

On the other hand you could have one up on Mike and have hairs embedded into your canvasses ... :eek:

Like this one very much Michael. You can't see if it was raining in Brighton :D
Love these old industrial designs and the rough coloured surface adds to the atmosphere of passed times. :thumbup:

Michiel

m3photo

Re: Brighton Solitude

Like this one very much Michael. You can't see if it was raining in Brighton.
Love these old industrial designs and the rough coloured surface adds to the atmosphere of passed times.
Thank you Michiel. No, it was a misty morning in fact. The rusty sheet metal texture I used was just for breaking up the colours but you're right about the atmosphere.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Last two of your trees look nice, did you add some colour there?
I ordered that same adapter in OM Mount. Did not hear a thing yet.
I am curious what it can do for me in city scapes as well.

Michiel - these two tree images were just using the vibrance, saturation and white balance controls in Lightroom (I find it easier to change and modify colors in LR than in PS)

I got an order acknowledgment for the tilt adapter within a few days - he is probably overloaded. It is not as easy to manipulate as the Lensbaby Composer, but usually you have a heavy metal legacy lens on it, versus the plastic lens of the Lensbaby. But I love it

Love to see a photo of those two bokehgraphs of yours hanging on the wall.[/I]

Cheers

Keith

PS Hairy encaustic wax sounds interesting - m3photo always has good ideas. I'd better check with Mike first though.

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member

This has a wonderful balance between the simplicity of the composition and chaotic texture.
And, by the way it is hard to keep hairs and grit out of the wax. I was working on a waxed portrait of a couple of dogs last night, but their hair hid my hairs.

Mike