The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I am on a very flaky internet connection, so I am concentrating on getting my images up. But, everyone is doing lovely stuff. So I'll wait for my comments until I get home.

This one is interesting from the view of how much artistic license the bokehgraph allows you - - - - -

Wed, 30 Sep. Sinop Turkey.

This is a bokehgraph taken today in Sinop. But as I processed it I realized that, it’s abstraction gives me an impression of history. In a couple of days I will be in Ukraine and at the site of the Battle of Balaclava, where a few horsemen were sent into the mouths of many canon and didn’t stand a chance.
Tennyson wrote “Into the Valley of Death rode the Six Hundred.”
In this image, I can see:
Blood, chaos, arms, hands, horses and mud

Leica 77

Excellent creative contributions to bokehgraphy, Keith, Rafael, and hakkalo!

G1 + Leica Summicron R 50mm. "Ifugao Hand-Woven Textile".

Leica 77

I am on a very flaky internet connection, so I am concentrating on getting my images up. But, everyone is doing lovely stuff. So I'll wait for my comments until I get home.

This one is interesting from the view of how much artistic license the bokehgraph allows you - - - - -

This is a bokehgraph taken today in Sinop. But as I processed it I realized that, it’s abstraction gives me an impression of history. In a couple of days I will be in Ukraine and at the site of the Battle of Balaclava, where a few horsemen were sent into the mouths of many canon and didn’t stand a chance.

Quite profound bokehgraph!

weaselboy

I would like to say, I love this thread so much. I find it excellent when people find new (or maybe rediscover? My photography history knowledge is... not so great,) ways to utilize existing technology and mediums. When I get the time to convert some of the ones I've shot, I'm going to contribute, but man, so many of the photos posted already are just great to view.

Leica 77

I would like to say, I love this thread so much. I find it excellent when people find new (or maybe rediscover? My photography history knowledge is... not so great,) ways to utilize existing technology and mediums. When I get the time to convert some of the ones I've shot, I'm going to contribute, but man, so many of the photos posted already are just great to view.
Hi weaselboy,
It is a fun thread, indeed, with lots of creative experiments and discoveries! We shall look forward to your future contributions! All the best! :)

f6cvalkyrie

Hi,

I did not expect my c-mount Cine-Ektar 15/2.5 to give nice bokeh (I associate that with longer focal length lenses), but, OMG, I was wrong :shocked:

Here's a first example

C U,
Rafael

Michiel Schierbeek

Keith, this must be a fantastic cruise going all around the black sea as well.
Your story and bokehphoto did make me think of Paolo Ucello, the fantastic medieval painter, with his three paintings of "The battle of San Romano".
One of the first exercises in perspective.
Here is one of them for you. (from internet)
Michiel

V

Vivek

Can anyone see signs of coma and spherical aberrations?

The first time I did, unequivocally. Looks like this is a good test for those. :)

Last edited:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member

Keith, this must be a fantastic cruise going all around the black sea as well.
Your story and bokehphoto did make me think of Paolo Ucello, the fantastic medieval painter, with his three paintings of "The battle of San Romano".
One of the first exercises in perspective.
Here is one of them for you. (from internet)
Michiel

Thanks for this, Michiel - I was not aware of this painting. I think when my image started to evolve and I thought about the subject, I had a little bit of Picasso's Guernica in my mind, because of the chaos and carnage.
BTW, I love the stuff you are doing recently, reminds me of the cheerful impressionist paintings of seaside towns.

This cruise is indeed very interesting, going to some unusual places.

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thursday Oct 1, Sevastopol

We visited site of the Charge of the Light Brigade. Doesn't look like a war zone now :mad: Lovely sunshine and vineyards everywhere.
So I had to resort to Bokehgraphy to represent a bit about what was going through my head.

This is called "The Valley of Death"

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volley'd & thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell
Rode the six hundred. . . . (Tennyson)

The white linear structures roughly follow the line of the cannon fire. The intersection is where the carnage happened.

Keith

Leica 77

Thursday Oct 1, Sevastopol

We visited site of the Charge of the Light Brigade. Doesn't look like a war zone now :mad: Lovely sunshine and vineyards everywhere.
So I had to resort to Bokehgraphy to represent a bit about what was going through my head.

This is called "The Valley of Death"

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volley'd & thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell
Rode the six hundred. . . . (Tennyson)

The white linear structures roughly follow the line of the cannon fire. The intersection is where the carnage happened.

Keith

Another profound bokehgraph, Keith!