The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
We had a big wind storm at the weekend so my fall shots are getting fewer :clap:

Maybe this is the last. A good blow and a lens baby and "Fall 26"

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Keith, again no landscape. Must go to the coast soon and see what I can do there.
Here is one from today. It consists out of 4 different photograph and I roughly :rolleyes: mixed them together with the smudge tool.

- Ballet of lights -

G1 + Nikon 50/2​
OMG - what is the smudge tool? - you are racing away ahead of us.

I'm going to have sleepless nights wondering what those . . . . people, things, . . are. I think we are going to have to reverse ourselves and get into pixel-peeping :deadhorse:

BTW - great image.

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

OMG - what is the smudge tool? - you are racing away ahead of us.

I'm going to have sleepless nights wondering what those . . . . people, things, . . are. I think we are going to have to reverse ourselves and get into pixel-peeping :deadhorse:

BTW - great image.

Keith
The smudge tool is right on the toolpanel in PS. It is the hand with the pointing finger to smudge with. So just drag some similar photographs into a new bigger file, arrange them, flatten image and smudge them together.

Those were lights in a shopping mall, although one should never reveal a secret to the viewer, because once the riddle is solved the spectator looses it's interest.

You made me blush, I must hop in a slower car. :salute:
I prefer your blowing autumn image above the texture one. I think the texture should not overgrow the image itself. Mike Regnier is very good at that.

PS, Terry thanks for the compliment.

Michiel

Diane B

This one is in Toronto: G1 with Lensbaby

"Downtown Sunset"

Keith

Keith,

I have an old LB 2.0 with an EF mount. I have the EOS to m4/3rds adaptor to use it with the bodies, but I'm thinking of buying the Composer which I believe I would shoot more with but---can't decide which mount to buy--EF or 4/3rds. Curious what mount you have--and what model. I'm rather interested in both the UWA that would bring me to 21mm (42 FOV on the G1) and the FE optic--and would likely play in this thread (as well as using other lenses).

Diane

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Keith,

I have an old LB 2.0 with an EF mount. I have the EOS to m4/3rds adaptor to use it with the bodies, but I'm thinking of buying the Composer which I believe I would shoot more with but---can't decide which mount to buy--EF or 4/3rds. Curious what mount you have--and what model. I'm rather interested in both the UWA that would bring me to 21mm (42 FOV on the G1) and the FE optic--and would likely play in this thread (as well as using other lenses).

Diane
Diane:

The lensbaby is very new to me, and without Mike Regnier's posts in this thread, I would not have thought about it.
I have no experience of earlier Lensbaby products, all I can say is that the Composer works very well. It is easy to move around and you see instant results. If you want to lock that position its easy (but I don't need to do that)
The standard lens is 50mm, but they have an add-on bunch of lenses that I need to get, but I'm not there yet. It works well for me because if you are doing this OOF stuff, the Lensbaby does all the things that a collection of 30yr old C-Lenses will do, but give you control.
I bought the OM 4/3 mount and use it with the Panny adaptor.

Maybe Mike could comment on this?

Keith

Last edited:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
This is another version of the "Dinner for Two" in Rome theme

More fuzzy than the first one in the earlier post

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Diane:

The lensbaby is very new to me, and without Mike Regnier's posts in this thread, I would not have thought about it.
I have no experience of earlier Lensbaby products, all I can say is that the Composer works very well. It is easy to move around and you see instant results. If you want to lock that position its easy (but I don't need to do that)
The standard lens is 50mm, but they have an add-on bunch of lenses that I need to get, but I'm not there yet. It works well for me because if you are doing this OOF stuff, the Lensbaby does all the things that a collection of 30yr old C-Lenses will do, but give you control.
I bought the OM 4/3 mount and use it with the Panny adaptor.

Maybe Mike could comment on this?

Keith
I use the OM 4/3 mount for the Composer lensbaby, mainly because I used to use the Composer on my Leica Digilux3, which I have since sold but I kept the Lensbaby.
Either one should work fine.

Mike

Michiel Schierbeek

Love bubbles too :) and still have some in stock. May be I am going to try the lensbaby too. Just sold my E-3 + 12-60 and flash, I think.
Michiel

- Blue tree -

G1+ Revuenon 50/jpg​

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Looks to me that we've just hit 10,000 views.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed with images and comments. I've learned a lot, and I think there is a long way to go (still studying my Photoshop book)

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

Here's another one of the Mosque. This time two layers, image and texture.

Keith

I like the abstractions in structure as shown in the windows and the door.

Glad you made another post, because your forelast post looked sort of final.
But as you said there is still a lot to explore under this theme.
And congratulations, Keith with passing the 10.000 viewer hits. :thumbup::thumbup:
A recognition of interest in this thread.
Michiel

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I like the abstractions in structure as shown in the windows and the door.

Glad you made another post, because your forelast post looked sort of final.
But as you said there is still a lot to explore under this theme.
And congratulations, Keith with passing the 10.000 viewer hits. :thumbup::thumbup:
A recognition of interest in this thread.
Michiel
Thanks Michiel:

I have no intention of moving away from bokehgraphy :cry:, even though it is taking up more than its fair share of my photographic time. The images that have amassed in the thread show that photographers are keenly aware of OOF.
As the thread develops I think we'll see some very interesting stuff. I think this thread is the only one in the forum where you can safely place total abstractions, even though they were developed out of a real image.

Onwards and upwards :thumbup:

Keith