The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

Brian Mosley

maybe we can see some bokeh landscapes (they are tough to do :lecture:)

Keith
Thanks for the encouragement Keith, and I am really sorry to hear of your loss... this is me with my arms out to you :thumbs:

I've been thinking about your challenge, here's my first attempt at a bokeh landscape :salute:

E-P1 + 20mm f1.7
1/6s f/1.7 at 20.0mm iso200

All the best...

Brian

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel

It looks like you are sticking with the original principals of bokehgraphy - just one image?

Keith
Yes I like the pure colour transitions at the moment.
That was just one image, but there are more of course :D
So I made a triptych from the same session this morning. It will be nessecary to scroll a little but I didn't want it to be to small.

- Triptych of Light -

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks for the encouragement Keith, and I am really sorry to hear of your loss... this is me with my arms out to you :thumbs:

I've been thinking about your challenge, here's my first attempt at a bokeh landscape :salute:

E-P1 + 20mm f1.7
1/6s f/1.7 at 20.0mm iso200

All the best...

Brian
Thanks Brian

This reminds me of a couple of Mike Regnier's pictures which he shot through windows. That touch of sharpness in the foreground helps the viewer connect with the OOF stuff below.

Well done

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Yes I like the pure colour transitions at the moment.
That was just one image, but there are more of course :D
So I made a triptych from the same session this morning. It will be nessecary to scroll a little but I didn't want it to be to small.

- Triptych of Light -
I really like this Michiel. It makes me want to do a triptych (or 8tych) with my fall trees . . . stay tuned

Keith

f6cvalkyrie

A continuous flow of interesting and beautiful images in this topic :thumbup:

Let me add this one :

"It's raining again"

C U,
Rafael

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Klaus - two layers eh? What are you up to?

Love the structure in there.

This one is called "Dotty Frills"

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
"Looking down in Rome"

We haven't seen too much "Street" Bokehgraphy - here is a first attempt (have to do "Street" in B & W). But this could be more difficult than doing Landscape Bokehgraphy :toocool:

Maybe some of the street shooters could help? Don't need a Leica to do this :deadhorse:

Keith

PS - had a wonderful fish meal in the sidewalk restaurant in the top left corner :thumbs:

kevinparis

keith

thank you

think it was a pharmacy sign... which should be green :) but i may be wrong... but what the hell.. if you like it ... then its worked

K

Leica 77

This is called: "Wreath"

Hi Keith,

Greetings! Your recent bokehgraphs are outstanding as usual. I apologize for being absent fron your wonderful thread during the past several weeks. Many personal projects have demanded so much of my time and I look forward to coming back to the Forum as soon as possible. Holiday greetings to you and other good friends -- Rafael, Michiel, Kevin, Brian, Kweide, JerryMK, ... All the best, Leica 77 :)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Lumix G1 + Contax G 45mm Planar via RJ Adapter. "Christmas Shoppers". Happy Holidays to Everyone! Leica 77.
Welcome back Leica 77 - we all missed you, and your images. Now you have some lost time to make up :lecture:

Happy Holidays

Keith