The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

B

browncow

Ok, this is my 1st post, so go easy on me please.
Main gear is 5D with 24-105, but since getting an E-P1 for christmas, I've been having loads of fun trying out legacy lenses.
I've been following this thread keenly for some time, but only now have I plucked up enough courage to post my humble attempts here - not sure if they fit the theme exactly though...
1st two pictures with a Konica Hexanon 40/1.8, last pix with a CZJ Flektogon 35/2.4.

f6cvalkyrie

Welcome, browncow (I'm sure your parents gave you another name ??) !

I can't see no pics :confused::confused:
Best to use the yellow icon with the mountain, and fill in the URL of your pic there.

But, others here might have other trics !

CU,
Rafael

ggibson

A couple with my new Cosmicar 25mm f1.9 c-mount lens. Only focuses up to about 5 feet away with my current adapter, but who cares... I bought it for the bokeh!

f6cvalkyrie

@ browncow : well worth the second try !
@ ggibson : I love the swirlyness of this bokeh. Similar to my Super Comat 25/1.9

@ Michiel : lovely pics, I like the colourschemes very much !

C U
Rafael

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
@ browncow : well worth the second try !
@ ggibson : I love the swirlyness of this bokeh. Similar to my Super Comat 25/1.9

@ Michiel : lovely pics, I like the colourschemes very much !

C U
Rafael
+1

Count me in on all of these (When I first went through this I thought ggibson's image with red flowers was one of Raf's)

Good to see some nice activity on the old Bokeh thread :thumbs:

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Re: Street

And now, by popular demand :)D Keith):

I like this one a lot

Not only is it deliberately taken OOF but it captures the essence of the lens through the elliptical highlights - which is very difficult to do in post-processing of an in focus image.

(I'm assuming this is one image)

Keith

Last edited:

m3photo

Re: Street

... which is very difficult to do in post-processing of an in focus image.

(I'm assuming this is one image)
Oh yes, it's a single shot, defocussed in camera at the moment of shooting. Post-processing here was cutting out the left 25% of the original shot (someone got into the frame) and stretching the result back out to a two by three format thus pleasantly "fattening" the subject and his colours and rendering the lights to a slightly more oval shape.

Michiel Schierbeek

Like my two other postings before this one is also with the Canon FD 135/2.
Very nice lens. Finally found one in Belgium for not too much.
Michiel

- Watch out! Streetcar coming! -