The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

seakayaker

DAISEY

GF1 with Lumix G 20mm f/1.7 -- ISO 125 -- f/1.7 -- 1/30 -- 20mm

Showing a little love for the Lumix G 20mm f/1.7!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Michiel Schierbeek

LAD Project Day #31 Part II
G1 + Meyer Domiplan 50/2.8

Trying to catch up, I have to smuggle in some from a few days ago without Internet.

- Blue iris from the garden -

biglouis

I tend to use these railings to test the sharpness and the rendering of the oof areas of the my lenses. In this case a CV 50/1.5 mounted on a GF-1. To be fair I believe this is actually at f2.

seakayaker

Absolutely beautiful bokehgraph Michiel! Love the swirl and circles and softness of the shot!

Louis, another great capture with the CV 50 f/1.5 Nokton! Sharp gate with a nice bokeh . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Dragon Bell Bokeh

GF1 with Leica Summicron-M 35mm F/2 -- ISO 100 -- f/2 -- 1/200 -- 35mm

The Kobe Bell is a Gift from Kobe Japan to it's sister city, Seattle, WA

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Michiel Schierbeek

:)Thanks Dan

LAD Project Day #32 Part II
G1 + Leica APO Telyt 180/3.4

Never did really bokehshots with this lens. Bought it for other purposes where you need lots of DOF and overall sharpness.

Michiel

- Tiny cityflowers -

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Good to see Michiel back for Part 2. I love the complex bokeh of your Meyer Domiplan. Also Awaiting Dracula is very moody and sublime (Revuenon?).

Jerry - exquisite light on Poppy Love (I like the one in the other thread too)

Abry - really, really good, which lens was this?

Keith

abry

Good to see Michiel back for Part 2. I love the complex bokeh of your Meyer Domiplan. Also Awaiting Dracula is very moody and sublime (Revuenon?).

Jerry - exquisite light on Poppy Love (I like the one in the other thread too)

Abry - really, really good, which lens was this?

Keith
Thank you Keith. It was my Auto topcor 58/1.4.
Alan

seakayaker

Every Year the Fremont Neighborhood of Seattle has a weekend fair and parade to celebrate the summer solstice.

. . . . . it also a tradition that naked bicyclists somehow buzz the parade. This year there was a couple of hundred of them, most of them in body paint.

Anyway, my small attempt to capture the bokeh within the event. . . . . :angel:

BODY PAINT BOKEH

GF1 with Lumix G 20mm f/1.7 -- ISO 100 -- f/2 -- 1/1300 -- 20mm

. . . . . oh, and it was raining once again today. It may never end.

I was surprised how well the body paint held up in such conditions. :eek:

Life is Grand!

Dan

~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Every Year the Fremont Neighborhood of Seattle has a weekend fair and parade to celebrate the summer solstice.

. . . . . it also a tradition that naked bicyclists somehow buzz the parade. This year there was a couple of hundred of them, most of them in body paint.

BODY PAINT BOKEH

Life is Grand!

Dan

~ ;)
That's a very interesting bokehgraph Dan. I always say that the more time the viewer looks at it, the more successful it is.

This one passes the test :deadhorse:

Keith

clay stewart

BODY PAINT BOKEH

Life is Grand!

Dan

~ ;)
Nice Bokeh's.:)

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
"Dream Walking"
EP-1 with 40mm f 1.4 CV
I used the B&W art filter on the camera and then added a couple of background textures. I'll post this in the Blends thread as well. Thought it was mostly about Bokeh.

Mike

seakayaker

Michael, once again a beautiful Bokehgraph! Absolutely love the 'Tiny City Flowers' with the smooth soft bokeh! One day I'll find one of those Leica 180's that I can afford!

Jerry, another great shot of a 'Poppy' -- Outstanding! Love the sunlight shining through the flower with the water drops and the bokeh is very, very nice . . . . .

Abry, your shot looks like it came from an underwater alien planet! Love it! The flowers and the bokeh are wonderful! Super bokehgraph . . . . .

Mike, I do not a clue on how you construct a blend, but I love the blend and the bokeh in that shot! Nicely done! I am going to have to set some time aside one of these days and read through the blends thread to get an idea of what you guys are up to . . . . .

.. . . . . . . and thank you Keith and Clay for your kind comments . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Water Lily

GF1 with Ernst Leitz GmbH Wetzlar - Elmar 9cm f/4 -- ISO 100 -- f/4 -- 1/500 -- 9cm

. . . . . another overcast day with light rain . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Michiel Schierbeek

Dan, nice Lilys and Ladys! I wished I could send you some sunshine but the weather is just the same over here.

Mike, this is a wonderful dreamy solitude picture. Very nice and as good as what you're doiing in the Storm series in the Blend thread.

LAD Project Day #33 Part II
G1 + Schneider Xenar 50/2.8

- White threeflower -