The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

Leica 77

Dan, nice Lilys and Ladys! I wished I could send you some sunshine but the weather is just the same over here.
Mike, this is a wonderful dreamy solitude picture. Very nice and as good as what you're doiing in the Storm series in the Blend thread.

LAD Project Day #33 Part II
G1 + Schneider Xenar 50/2.8

- White threeflower -
Hi Michiel,
One of the most beautiful bokehgraphs in this thread! Best, Leica 77. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :)

seakayaker

Michiel, a beautiful bokehgraph (White three-flower), lovely bokeh!

LJ2004, a wonderful capture of the two people, sharp with a wonderful bokeh all around them!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Red Poppy

GF1 with Ernst Leitz GmbH Wetzlar - Elmar 9cm f/4 -- ISO 100 -- f/4 -- 1/40 -- 9cm

. . . . . Sunday morning walk in the rain, quiet and the streets without much activity, then there are the gardens!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Michiel Schierbeek

Klaus, this is supersharp and smooth background!

LAD Project Day #34 Part II
G1 + Komura (LM Mount) 135/3.5
The second photograph to show the starshaped 12 blades lensopening in the background.

- Headlight -

- Motorflowers -

seakayaker

Icelandic Poppy

Carl Zeiss Jena MC Biometar 80mm f/2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f/2.8 -- 1/320 -- 80mm

. . . . . adaptor for the Zeiss Jena Biometar 2.8/80 waiting for me when I got home this evening! :D:D:D

Life is Grand!

Dan

~;)

seakayaker

LILY

Carl Zeiss Jena MC Biometar 80mm f/2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f/2.8 -- 1/500 -- 80mm

I think this lens is a keeper! :cool:

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Michiel Schierbeek

LILY

Carl Zeiss Jena MC Biometar 80mm f/2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f/2.8 -- 1/500 -- 80mm

I think this lens is a keeper! :cool:

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Dan, isn't it a great lens? And you handled it so well! Lovely picture!

Did it come with a hood?
A long hood is good for this lens, I bought mine here;
http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270578040962&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
It fits so well, it looks like it is made for it.

I don't have to say to you "Keep them coming". :D

Michiel

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
"Poplar Road"
This image comes from CA. I was there to shoot vineyards for Kendall-Jackson wines and while looking for our vineyard, we came across this landscape in a vegetable field.
Mike

Michiel Schierbeek

Meanwhile I keep on churning flowers :rolleyes:

LAD Project Day #35 Part II
G1 + Olympus OM 100/2.8

Olympus lenses are nice, always sharp, and small.

- Growing to the sun -

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Meanwhile I keep on churning flowers :rolleyes:

LAD Project Day #35 Part II
G1 + Olympus OM 100/2.8

Olympus lenses are nice, always sharp, and small.
I love the colors in the background in this one, Michiel. Sometimes people forget that it is not just the bokeh of the lens that counts - you have to have a good photographer to organize the shot to see the bokeh at it's best (or worst, as some would say :deadhorse:)

Keith

seakayaker

Dan, isn't it a great lens? And you handled it so well! Lovely picture!

Did it come with a hood?
A long hood is good for this lens, I bought mine here;
http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270578040962&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
It fits so well, it looks like it is made for it.

I don't have to say to you "Keep them coming". :D

Michiel
Yes Michiel it is a very nice lens! Thank you for the kind words, I do enjoy the results!

The lens did not come with a hood but I did find a similar item here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390193772464#ht_550wt_1139

. . . . . and thank you once again for pointing me in the right direction on getting the correct adaptor!

DAISIES

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Jena MC Biometar 80mm f/2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f/2.8 -- 1/640 -- 80mm

Life is Grand!

Dan

~ ;)

seakayaker

Mosaic Wall Bokeh

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Jena MC Biometar 80mm f/2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f/2.8 -- 1/320 -- 80mm

. . . . . the wall was handy, it was next to the garden . . . . . thought I would break up my flower parade . . . . . narrow DOF and enjoyed the colors.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Michiel Schierbeek

I love the colors in the background in this one, Michiel. Sometimes people forget that it is not just the bokeh of the lens that counts - you have to have a good photographer to organize the shot to see the bokeh at it's best (or worst, as some would say :deadhorse:)

Keith
Thanks Keith. Yes I do search for bokeh:toocool:in the viewfinder, regardless how ackward my photographing positions may look like in the street. :D

This is not yet my LAD Photo from today, but just one in between, I actually like more then the one I posted with this lens.

Michiel

- Under my umbrella (With thanks to The Hollies) -
G1 + Topcor 35/2.8