The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

Michiel Schierbeek

Leica your Bokegraphs with the "ISCO GOTTINGEN WESTROMAT 50mm f1.9" are just wonderful! I have been looking for that lens and some day will own one. The ones on Ebay are expensive and lack pictures or good descriptions . . . . .

. . . . . Patience is a virtue . . . . .

Michiel a beautiful shot with the Minolta Rokkor 105/2.5! A new lens? . . . . . I don't recall seeing this one perviously.

Anyway, I picked up a Voigtlander S APO-Lanthar 85mm f3.5. . . . .

YELLOW FLOWERS

Gf1 with Voigtlander S APO-Lathar 85mm f3.5 -- ISO 100 -- f3.5 -- 1/2000

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Hi Dan,
This looks great and is an interesting lens. For around € 1000, I could buy the 125 Macro APO Lanthar. :confused:

Yes I just bought this Rokkor. I have been hunting on some Rokkors, lately, only if I can buy them cheap. :)
Also bought a Rokkor 250/5.6 mirror for €70,- (usual they go for around € 600 on stealbay). Did not look so good, but good enough, and it had a loose ring inside to cover the outer edge of the mirror inside. You didn't even see it on a shot, but it is at the lensrepair. At the same time it will be cleaned.

Michiel

seakayaker

Hi Dan,
This looks great and is an interesting lens. For around € 1000, I could buy the 125 Macro APO Lanthar. :confused:

Yes I just bought this Rokkor. I have been hunting on some Rokkors, lately, only if I can buy them cheap. :)
Also bought a Rokkor 250/5.6 mirror for €70,- (usual they go for around € 600 on stealbay). Did not look so good, but good enough, and it had a loose ring inside to cover the outer edge of the mirror inside. You didn't even see it on a shot, but it is at the lensrepair. At the same time it will be cleaned.

Michiel
I picked up the lens 85/3.5 from Stephen Gandy at Camera Quest, the US West Coast Distribution for Voigtlander lens. I was browsing his web site and noticed that the Nikon Rangefinder lenses were discontinued and were on sale. http://www.cameraquest.com/nrfVClens.htm

. . . . . it also looks great on the GF1!:D:D:D

I have put in a couple of bids for Rokkor lens on ebay but they appear to be popular and go for more than I am willing to pay, so I'll be patient . . . . . :angel:

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Pink & White Flowers

Gf1 with Voigtlander S Nokton Aspherical 50mm f1.5 -- ISO 100 -- f/2.8 -- 1/2500

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Michiel Schierbeek

LAD Project Day #53 Part II
G1 + Canon FD Macro 100/4

Another one to catch up with a lost day from close by. It is awfully hot and one doesn't want to move if it's not necessary. :toocool:

- Ready to take off -

seakayaker

Dan

The colors and vibrancy in your images are really beautiful :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Keith

Keith, many thanks for your kind words!

Michiel, a beautiful Hollyhock with wonderful circular bokeh! . . . . . lovely detail of the fly surrounded by a nice soft bokeh . . . . .

Wonderful shots Klaus! Love the bokeh created with the Kinoptik 1.9/32mm!
. . . . . all of them are special but I love the last shot of the Daisy with the color, swirl and circular bokeh . . . . .

Purple Flower

Gf1 with Voigtlander S APO-Lathar 85mm f3.5 -- ISO 100 -- f3.5 -- 1/640

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

kds315

Thanks Dan - it is an Echinacea flower.

Your purple flower is nice too, it is a Buddleja variety (most likely Buddleja davidii),
called "butterfly bush" in the States.

kds315

Thanks guys! I had to admit that (and my 25mm Kinoptik) lens has a high addiction potential!! A few more added...

@Michiel: that fly is great, colors and sharpness are amazing!

Last edited:

seakayaker

WOW! Outstanding!

Klaus & Leica, wonderful bokehgraphs, simply beautiful!

. . . . . I love the ISCO GOTTINGEN WESTROMAT 50MM F1,9 . . . . . and now the Kinoptik 1.9/32mm & a 25mm . . . . .

my oh my . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Klaus - these are wonderful. This is one lens that I yearn for, but fear it may cost grief (trying to find one) and money :mad:

Leica - I love the verticals in your picture

Here is one from my visit to Barcelona

"Sagrada Família - Gaudi's Cathedral"

(taken with my favorite bokehgraphy combination, the Pentax 50/1.4 and Italian tilt adapter)

Keith

Leica 77

Klaus - these are wonderful. This is one lens that I yearn for, but fear it may cost grief (trying to find one) and money :mad:
Leica - I love the verticals in your picture
Here is one from my visit to Barcelona
"Sagrada Família - Gaudi's Cathedral"
(taken with my favorite bokehgraphy combination, the Pentax 50/1.4 and Italian tilt adapter)
Keith

Hi Keith,
This bokehgraph recorded at Gaudi's Cathedral is phenomenal! Best regards. :)

seakayaker

Klaus, Keith, Michiel, and Leica, thank you for your kind words!

. . . . . and Klaus I do thank you and appreciate you taking the time to identify the flowers!

Keith, very nice bokehgraph! Perhaps its time for a tild adapter a day (TAAD) . . . . .

RED FLOWERS

Gf1 with Voigtlander S SKOPAR 50mm f2.5 -- ISO 100 -- f2.5 -- 1/3200

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Last edited: